Lowest form of life?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Andy Daventry, May 28, 2001.

1. Lawyers

32 vote(s)
  2. Estate agents (realtors)

6 vote(s)
  3. Sound guys

4 vote(s)
  4. Bar owners

11 vote(s)
  5. Flame warriors

5 vote(s)
  6. Guitarists with Marshalls

22 vote(s)
  7. Drummers who drag the beat

29 vote(s)
  8. Democrats

17 vote(s)
  9. Republicans

29 vote(s)
  10. Individuals who start flame-bait polls :D

23 vote(s)
  11. Moderators :D

20 vote(s)
  1. I have been hanging around bulletin boards for a couple of years now, and I have discovered that certain professions have a ..well, are not very highly esteemed. They get continually criticised .... So I thought it might provide a fun poll (since I have now learned how to do polls).

So here goes.

Which is the lowest form of life?
  2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    Geez, everyone knows that prokaryotes are the lowest forms of life, in terms of sophisticated systems and whatnot: they don't even have a friggin' nucleus!
  3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    I voted for Lawyers, but this poll really should have had a "politicians" category, since Democrats are no better than Republicans. To vote based on party preference instead of using a conscience and common sense is beneath contempt. They're all the same anyway....making a living from abuse of power and public trust...lawyers, politicians, dog sh**, all of them.
  4. cole

Sep 14, 2000
    I would have to go with both Democrats and Republicans. incessant cries blaming each other for everything that goes wrong...
  5. I voted for guitarists with marshall amps. I agree with rickbass1, this looks like it'll be a big flame war. I'll be watching this one a lot.

mchildree, and anyone else this applys to, have you ever met politicians, and really gotten to know them? I worked on the provincial election two years ago, and I met some really nice, decent people. Some of them were the stereotypical politicians, but it's unfair to group politicians like that. The candidate I worked with was a 30 year old school teacher, and he's one of the nicest guys I ever met.
  6. Good, good! (rubs hands!)

I hope we have no estate agents here...

I voted for guitarists with Marshalls as well

7. JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    Since none of the other polls have answers I like,why should this one be any different?

Wheres appliance repairmen ?

They are supposed to come at 9:00 am and don't show up 'till 5:30

They don't have the part your dishwasher needs,so you have to do 'em by hand for two weeks

they go out to the truck and pretend to look up your part when really,they're just releasing a little gas(don't follow them out there,you've been warned).

They charge you about $200.00 when you could get a new machine for a few bucks more.

They screw up your floor

They scratch your counter

They dent your refrigerator

They don't take cash,visa,M/C,American Express,or checks(just kidding here)

they screw up the ozone with their freon

Their parts laden trucks get in your way on the road,then,when they get up to speed they almost run you off the road.

they come back after two weeks with the wrong part

they come back later still with the right part and it doesn't fix the problem.

They get mad when you ask them to take off their shoes.

If you are their employer,they give away their labor to little old ladies who cant afford them

they take too long and you have to pay overtime.

they screw up your truck

they dont wear the uniform you provided

they drive your customers away when they're in a bad mood

they dont make you enough money

they refuse to lie on warrantee forms so you dont get paid for in-warrantee calls where nothing is wrong with the appliance

Sorry guys I saw a chance to vent so I took it.
  8. i can't believe you don't have telemarketers up there. that's my vote.

my guitarist has a marshall valvestate 265 and he rules. maybe that only applies to a marshall STACKS...
  9. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Yeah, I'm sure I exaggerate greatly. This is one area where you gotta admit that lots are bad, though. Or at least that's what the record would lead you to believe. Recent actions by a Senator from Vermont would also lead one to believe there's actually one out there that's sincere.

Dancehallclasher has hit the nail on the head, though. Change my vote to Telemarketers!
  10. My girlfriend used to be a telemarketer, that's gotta be the worst job in the world. For one thing you have to call people who don't like you, and then try to sell them stuff, and then you have to hear about how everybody hates you.

I think people have a need to hate groups of people; it used to be people of other ethnicities and religions, but because of politcal correctness, people now hate telemarketers, lawyers, smokers, and homosexuals, although fortunately, it's becoming more socially unacceptable to hate the latter.
  11. BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm throwing my vote to the guys that have to clean up after animals. There could be nothing worse than picking up crap all day.
  12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    as usual, i need to add a few categories

heh heh heh.. :D
  13. I hear JT's F# can get pretttttty low. :) :D
  14. well, i don't have any pity for these people. they know exactly what they're doing, either that or they're just stupid to take the job, and i'm not big on stupid people either.
  15. They know what they're doing, and I don't know about other cities, but around here, we don't exactly have a booming economy, you take the job that's there.
  16. Thats my vote, I hate stupid people, heck, I hate all people. I will hate EVERYONE at one time or another.
  17. I agree to that one.
  18. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hey Tallguy, about supid people...As I always say: "I'me fighting a battle against stupidity...and they seem be winning"

As for telemarketers...Don't like em. My brother got one to call him and a**hole...(as follows)
    Tele: Are you interested in a cell phone plan?
    Bro: I don't think we need a cell phone. (politely)
    Tele: Well, you just think you know everything don't you, you little A**hole!

At which point my brother hung up.
  19. I noticed five people voted for that one. What do you guys want your guitar players to play through? Gorilla practice amps?