1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lowest Priced New Basses Ever??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FlaCharlie, Feb 27, 2020.

1. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    Didn't the $50 ones turn up? Besides this seller has a lot of feedback.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  2. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    Hey my imaginary Glarry guitar showed up today!! At least that’s what my “delivery confirmation” email said!!:roflmao::roflmao:

Guess I’ll put in my no delivery claim and get my $19 back. LOL :)

3. Joe Lonsdale

Joe Lonsdale

Jan 12, 2019
    We really shouldn't be encouraging them. I know it's a curiosity, but let's not encourage anybody to knock out pointless crap - I guarantee there is a back story which treads all over fairness, decency and responsibility and we should absolutely NOT be giving them any reason to carry on doing it.

terlewine and DJ Bebop like this.
  4. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Blippy the Wonder Slug Supporting Member

After waiting for a seller (robhe) response, eBay has come through. My refund for $(17.99 x 2) US showed up in PayPal today.

Case closed.

DJ Bebop and Bazrac like this.
  5. These basses are still available from reputable sellers for under $60, at least in the US. Not sure about their availability in Australia.

The guy who had them listed at under $20 did previously deliver some for $35-40 but in limited quantities.

If you take a closer look most of the positive feedback entered after he was running his scam are fake. Most all of them are from "buyers" with zero feedback themselves (shill accounts) who left feedback before it was even possible for them to have actually received anything. Every time a few negatives were posted a new batch of positives from zero feedback buyers would miraculously appear, which served to keep his overall feedback rating relatively high.

DJ Bebop and gh0st42 like this.
  6. Kevin Colt

Kevin Colt

Feb 9, 2015
    Bokeelia, Fl.
    none
    yeah, those Chicago Italian beef sandwiches are tasty.

Rock O and DJ Bebop like this.
  7. mikew31

mikew31 Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Superior, WI
    Got my refunds yesterday. I have no problem with letting PayPal hang on to $40 for a month or so on the chance I might get a screamin' deal:D

DJ Bebop likes this.
  8. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    DJ Bebop and Alembic83 like this.
  9. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
  10. WebJunk

WebJunk

Oct 19, 2015

Attached Files:

king_biscuit and DJ Bebop like this.
  11. But, but, it says:
    GuaranteedSAFECheckout.png
    Notice: This product is available for flash sale,and stock is limited. In case of payment failure, please check the information carefully and confirm it again.If it fails again,the product is sold out.You can exchange products of other colors or models.If we cause any inconvenience to customers,please understand, Thank you.

12. I finally got both refunds.

mikew31 and Bazrac like this.
  13. LYNCHMAN

LYNCHMAN

Nov 15, 2017
    Richmond VA
  14. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    Joma3 likes this.
  15. Joma3

Joma3

Jul 2, 2015
    Twin Cities, MN
    A repeat of a post I made many pages ago, but if you value shopping on eBay, dont make too much of a habit out of taking your chances on too good to be true listings... If you regularly make bad purchases because eBay just refund you when it goes south, they will eventually ban you or at least quit covering you on them.

16. Can you post anything from eBay that supports your claim? Or is this just conjecture on your part?

As far as I know, if you buy from a listing that specifies that you are protected then all buyers are protected, regardless of their previous purchase history.

If you have any actual evidence to the contrary, please post it.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about buyers who repeatedly make false claims in order to scam the sellers. I'm sure there are some buyers who fall into that category and I've seen complaints from experienced and totally legitimate sellers that eBay's policy has shifted over the years. Today they generally side with buyers when a dispute is filed.

Some have chosen not to continue selling on eBay because of this, although they could continue if they wanted since they were not banned. I imagine there are some on TB who now list items in the TB classifieds or other platforms instead of eBay.

My other hobby is vintage stereo gear and, since eBay's shift toward favoring claims by buyers over sellers, many sellers have changed their listings to protect themselves. Sellers have gotten tired of having equipment returned with missing knobs or other parts like strong testing, valuable, tubes replaced with worn out ones or cheap replacements, etc. As a result, I see more and more gear listed as being sold "for parts or repair" with no returns accepted even though it is in working condition at the time.

17. WebJunk

WebJunk

Oct 19, 2015
    If the sale actually goes thru Paypal then the buyers protection is in effect.

I've mentioned this before. There are always some people that will not ask for a Refund (for various reasons) so the scam seller will then make some money. Also there are some that do not properly request a refund, like using profanity or not providing any details, only personal attacks, for which Paypal often does not see in a positive light.
    I found several scam reports with the email (jacquelynbarnes164@gmail.com) associated with this website and it looks like nothing was shipped. But for the prices of these "Fender guitars" that could try an empty box which rarely works these days but again, its how the buyer responds to Paypal that can sometimes let the seller win the claim.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  18. LowEndLobster

LowEndLobster Bass reviewer and youtube dude guy. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Northern MA
    Got my refund. It's like Christmas in July!

DJ Bebop likes this.
  19. Joma3

Joma3

Jul 2, 2015
    Twin Cities, MN
    The first I heard about it was from a poster on another unrelated message board talking about it because they were making too many stupid purchases hoping for super deals. I can't remember if they banned him or turned down his last refund request, but his point wasn't even screw eBay, it was just a matter of fact mention so I didn't see anything that made me question his claim. But I've seen similar claims googling "ebay banned me for too many claims".

Looks to be some pretty legit info in this thread:
    How many returns is too many returns, as a buyer? - The eBay Community

Posts mention both losing money back guarantee coverage as well as losing buying privileges...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    DJ Bebop likes this.
  20. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    That's returns, not damaged or lost items, or as is the case for some buyers in this thread, getting tracking information and watching it being delivered to an address in a different state from them. It would also depend on the country in which you live; we have pretty strong consumer protection laws here, so I could most likely take it up with Fair Trading.