1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lowest tension nylon tapewound strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Lokire, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Does anyone know who makes the lowest tension black nylon tapewound strings? I'm used to DR Hi-Beams which have a round core and a really nice low tension which I like a lot. I've got La Bella tapewound strings on my fretless right now, and I love them. But on my fretted, they're a little higher tension than I would like.

I know the Status Graphite strings have a lower gauge than most nylon tapewounds, so I'll probably get a set of those pretty soon. But other than that, which ones do you feel have the lowest tension?

2. Just wanted to say that I'm also very interested in any info on this subject.
    I'm a real light-gauge low-tension fan and very much considering tapewounds for the fretless I'm building.
    Hope a lot comes up!

3. Actually, I just ordered a set of Status Graphite tapewound strings yesterday. I'll let you know how they are once I get them :)

4. Oh, that's great! Many thanks ahead for the info.

Hm, Status-Graphite does have quite normal gauges for tapewounds, very interesting. And not too expensive for me, being a UK manufacturer!

I see you already have LaBella tapewounds on your fretless, may I ask if the mwah is any good?

5. Mwah sounds pretty good to me :)

6. Marvelous! :)
    Anxious to hear about the Status strings. If they're any good compared to those LaBella's I'm definitely going to try a set. Those thin gauges will save me from having to make another nut if for any reason they won't be my cup of tea!
    Again, many thanks ahead!