1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LP Pressing?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by AbbeyRolled, Sep 8, 2008.

1. AbbeyRolled

AbbeyRolled

Apr 21, 2006
    I've searched around, but have not found. So now I turn to my TB brothers and sisters.

My band is in the midst of recording our new record. We want to release it on vinyl first. Problem is, finding a place that will press 50 - 100 copies of a record is pretty tough.

Has anyone gone this route? Got any recommendations for me? Thanks in advance for any help you gurus can give.

2. You will not find a place that will press 50-100 copies. If you do, it will be ridiculously expensive and you will be paying almost close to 15 dollars per copy. Also, you need to get it actually mastered for vinyl, which involves hiring a masterer to work the lathe and get the master copy. THIS is also ridiculously expensive.

You guys could get dub plates made. They won't be up for 10-15 years of play but you will be able to have vinyl.

3. Also, where are you at. If you're in a place like LA or NY, it will be easier/cheaper to have it done.