1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

LS-2 - help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mike_odonovan, Mar 16, 2003.

  1. i have bought a boss LS-2 pedal you know the fancy AB box thing and wanted to know how i can get it to power my other pedals? do just need to daisy chain it with those power lead things? also best place to get the daisy chain lead? i am in UK so maybe online shop? sorry for asking stupid questions but i have never done the effects thing before and am assembling my first board. pretty excited though! give the guitarist in my band a run for his money! :bassist:
  2. Jazz Ad

    Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

    You can find these daisy chains for 5 £ in any decent music shop.
    You need to check the total power sucked by your pedals and make sure it doesn't exceed your power supply capacity.
    Try to avoid wallwarts, especially for a permanent pedalboard.
    Get a stabilized power supply with several outputs so you won't need the daisychain anymore.
  3. hey looks like you live on the limey side of the pond too! where can i get one of those boxes that can power pedals? seen the "juice box" at pedalboard.com but it retails for like over $200. too much for me. do you know where i can get something a bit cheaper?
  4. Jazz Ad

    Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

    I use a power brick I bought years ago.
    It works pretty well and I have no idea where you could buy one.
    Electronics shops will probably have kits.
    You can also check Thomann.
    By far the biggest online european shop.

  5. Tecx

    Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

    Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    signal lfex makes one just like it now... for 78.99 canadian... so that would be 40.99 american...

  6. hey,
    no luck with the Thurman's or whatever site. Found some of those Power Banks for sale on ebay. hope they are good. seem like a more realistic price as well. do they power pedals of varying voltages or just 9v?
  7. Jazz Ad

    Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

    Mine does 9 V only and is stabilized, but I'm not sure if it's a factory model.
    It looks more like something a student would assemble in his bedroom.
    I have a voltage doubler to power my FullTone BassDrive in 18 V.
  8. what is a voltage doubler? also where did you get those good quality power leads (coloured ones) as the ones for sale on ebay seem to have really cheap nasty ones supplied with them. cheers for you help!
  9. Jazz Ad

    Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

    A voltage doubler is a little square thingy made by FullTone that converts 9 V to 18 V.
    The BassDrive works much better when powered with 18 V.

    These cords came with the unit, but I've bought some extra ones at the local music shop.
    They're not difficult to find.

Share This Page