1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LSU!! On our way to the top again!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpankyPants, Aug 30, 2008.

1. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    We just destroyed Appalachian State.

Think we can take another championship? We were rated #7 for pre-season, but our new QB seems to be alot better than Matt Flynn imo.

We ****ing rock.

Tiger bait! Tiger bait! Tiger bait!

2. LSU is good but a repeat of national champs? I highly doubt it. Unless they grab a miracle. My pick for the SEC championship game will be Auburn - Georgia.

3. Yeah, but you're every bit as prejudiced toward Auburn as Spanky is toward LSU! :spit:

I am going to reserve judgement for a few weeks yet. They win September 20th, then I'll start beating the drum for them to have a run at the SEC Championship...once they pass THAT test (if they do), we'll talk about the NC.

:)

Oh, and until the NC game in early 09, LSU are STILL the National Champions!

:hyper:

4. Left Left Goose

Left Left Goose Banned

Aug 19, 2008
    *caugh*USC*caugh*

5. Oh, here we go again...USC plays an overgrown high school schedule in the PAC 10, then wants to be considered an "equal" to other divisions.

Fact is that in the past 20 years, the SEC is by far the superior conference. Deal with it.

:smug:

;)

6. Left Left Goose

Left Left Goose Banned

Aug 19, 2008
    lol i dont give jack **** about conference vs. conference :D
    "we play better teams wah :bawl: wah were 8-3 but we played hard teams" :crying:
    booh friggin hooo

they didnt chose to be put into a "overgrown high school" conference
    we got computers that determine who's good and who's not, thats what we've come to (i accept that even tho USC got shafted out of a shot at a NC title) Deal with it.

/end_argumentative_college_football_rant

7. The SEC is by far the toughest conference in college football.

GO DAWGS!!

8. USC is overhyped, and WAY overrated. Get over it.

9. Left Left Goose

Left Left Goose Banned

Aug 19, 2008
    whatever you say :)

10. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    LOL. You"re telling an LSU fan that USC got shafted out of a title shot? Either you're very young or have a very short memory.:D

11. xaosbass

xaosbass

Feb 15, 2008
    Hey, Tigers looked very good today! I'm a Razorback fan and we barely got past W.Ill. SEC is the conference to beat.:D

Alabama looks decent BTW.

12. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    SEC is business as usuall.

While I won't dog on USC (great team, no doubt about it), I will say that I would LOVE to see them spend a couple of years in the SEC, if it were only possible. Would be nice to see how they handled the weekly pounding on the field.

I still say that the SEC champion should play for the National title EVERY year, even if they have a loss or two.

13. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I love this thread already.

I hear that y'all Razorbacks are gonna be using Tebow a bit more sparingly. He was the thorn in our paw last year. I remember that game-ending turnover. Oh man... :atoz:

14. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Erm...what?

15. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    By Tebow I meant McFadden.

Dummy.

16. rush_fan

rush_fan

Aug 20, 2008
    WAR EAGLE!! :hyper::hyper:

As long as Auburn beat Bama in the Iron Bowl, all else does not matter. :)

Steve

17. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I remember everyone talking trash when LSU was entered into the NC game... and then we pwned.

18. No, Greg, he's a USC fan, they're always the best, even when they are demonstratably NOT.

;)

The "shared" national title was the biggest joke I've ever heard. If USC had played LSU that year, they would have been torn to shreds.

:smug:

As much as a Bayou Bengal fan as I am, I am not foolish enough to think that they'll just walk into another NC this year. I think they have far more potential than anyone is willing to give them credit for, but they'll have to prove me either right or wrong on the field, not in the press or on a bass player's message board.

;)

As for confrence strength, just check out what happened to Clemson last night. They were considered a contender, were even a NC pick for a few "analyists", and a mid-level SEC team DESTROYED them last night.

Yeah, confrence strength means nothing...right...you USC fans just keep telling yourselves that lie.

Bottom line, if USC had to play a full SEC schedule, they MIGHT occassionally be the NC, but more often than not, they'd end up losing 3-4 games a season that are just served up on a platter for them in the PAC 10.

19. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    If anyone is making bets based on the results of the first game of the season, they need to have their head examined.:p

20. Yeah, it ain't real, not YET.

That said, the ACC looks like a crap-fest yet again. Man, do I hate living in ACC country and dealing with all the fans that think THIS IS THE YEAR...Wake Forest is about 30 minutes west of me...

:rollno:

...they're everywhere...

NC can throw down some college basketball, but they're totally hopeless, as a state, when it comes to college football (except Eastern Carolina beating VT yesterday...which will be the only big win of their season, most likely...).