1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LSU!! On our way to the top again!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpankyPants, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    lol! Actually, with Auburn trying to score on a real defense, any number of points should result in a win.

2. Keep talking kids. Auburn is going to show up to that game.

Let's not forget Alabama's struggle with Tulane and LSU playing no name teams...

This is the SEC boys. Anything is possible.

3. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Auburn is capable of getting up for a big game, but with all due respect, it seems they have very little to work with right now. The offense is an absolute disaster, and they can't count on their defense to win them the game against LSU. If they can manage to get that Spreaded-too-thin Offense going then they might pull off a win, but I wouldn't bet any money on it at this point.

Either way, it's going to be a fun season, I'm already upset that 3 weeks of it are behind us.

4. ...indeed...and it looks like I've got a sig file to hang on the good Dr. for picking Atlanta yesterday (PM forthcoming), then I'll get another to hang on him next week, because unless Auburn goes out and gets an entirely new team in the next few days, they're going to be buried on Saturday!

:smug:

5. dsDodgers

dsDodgers Banned

Sep 7, 2008
    sunny so cal
    lol?
    they allowed the same amount of points against the 0-2 Mean Green as USC did to THEE Ohio State :cool:

take care of Auburn Florida and Georgia and then we'll talk :smug:

6. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    Auburn's Spread Offense, what should we really call it?

1) Thinspread Offense
    2) Spreaded Eagle Offense
    3) Spreadless Offense
    4) Unable-to-Spread-em Offense

Also, should we really include the word "offense" in any of the above names? Maybe just plain ol' "Spreaded Eagle" is enough?

LOL! :D Just having fun here, guys! You have no idea what I've been through the last 5 years.

7. I think the term "offense" is just fine for them:

"It is an OFFENSE against football to call the half of Auburn's team that possesses the ball for the purpose of scoring points an 'offense'."

See, it's all in the phrasing...

:smug:

8. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    LOL, Gard!

9. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I just think it's funny that they won 3 to 2.

Some big numbers there.

Also notice that LSU's score was more than USC, Ohio, Auburn, Miss, and North Texas combined... ;)

10. Also notice that LSU played North Texas. At least Miss. State can actually play football. :p

Regardless, it's going to be a fun game.

WAR EAGLE!

11. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Fair enough. :D

12. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    I lived in Tuscaloosa for 10 years and went to UA. I don't think that Bama fans care all that much about Auburn -- they are just another SEC team. Auburn, on the other hand, considers their program successful if they beat Bama, when they should spend more time counting their one national title. I'd love to pull for Auburn all the time, except against Bama, but the trash/noise level is so high from the cow college that it is getting harder to do :) I kid!

13. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    I'm from Tennessee and how come whenever I go to vacation to anywhere you can go in a store and find every college but the Vols. For example I went to vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC and went in tons of stores at the boardwalk and crap and found close to 0 UT things. Are we like the most hated school in the world? Is it because we are so good? :p

14. king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    I'm pretty sure that's not it :) It could be that backstabbing, loudmouthed, doughboy coach of your's, is not well liked. Hey you asked....

15. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    Haha, I agree we should have fired him a while ago but how is he backstabbing?

16. king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
  17. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
  18. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Doesn't matter. LSU beats both of you.

19. king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    Regardless, that's the perception of him in the SEC, and perception is reality.

20. SpankyPants

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I just said LSU beats you both.