1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LSU!! On our way to the top again!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpankyPants, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
  2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Most of that happened when America still had slaves.

This is the here and now! :bag:

3. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
  4. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    Dude, that is NOT an appropriate analogy! Seriously unfunny and offensive!

5. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Good? Let me ask you, how scared are you to play BYU right now?:p

The lack of merchandise may be due to that shade of orange you guys use--it's pretty hideous, IMO.;)

6. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    See, this is what I'm talking about. Everyone hates Tennessee, I think I'm the only one to defend them on this thread. Why do you hates us? :crying:

Check this out Florida fans.

7. You mean Nick Saban? :ninja:

8. king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    Nick Saban isn't a doughboy! btw, you'd better hope tommy tupperware doesn't get another corting from the hogs or you are gonna know all about that yourself!

You little barner fans are like little puppy dogs yipping at the feet of a giant. Your team has no history, no pedigree, and no class. I don't think you ever saw the great Bear Bryant running around like a spoiled child holding up fingers during the 73-81 streak -- ahh but he had class... When you get to 12 national titles, let us know :)

9. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago

10. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    Ah, not worried about a loss to florida, it can't be explained.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272792633

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=273000061

Every team loses every once a while but there is no excuse for kissing a big black guy whom he just "happens" to be a roommate with.

11. You obviously know NOTHING about Auburn. No history? No class? I'll excuse your ignorance.

A lot of you Bama fans walk around talking about the Bear and how great he was. He was a GREAT coach. There's no doubt about it. In case you haven't noticed though, he's dead. Not coming back.

Oh, and those 12 national titles sure are current aren't they? I mean, 1992 was only what? 16 years ago? I'm really glad that's done WONDERS for the Tide the past years. Oh and don't try and play that probation card again because regardless, Alabama can't keep their players out of jail. That's REAL class isn't it?

Don't come at me with that noise. Quit living in the past.

12. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I went to school at Auburn, so I can't say there's no history. It's not necessarily one of national prominence and championships, but it's as old as Bama's and very rich nonetheless. I love Bear, but I am ready to write a new chapter. I hope Saban stays there long enought for it to be a lengthy chapter, rather than a short story.

Also, there is no doubt that Auburn owes a good bit of it's football tradition to Alabama. While calling it "nipping at the heals of a giant" is a bit condescending and not what I'd use, there is a big element of truth there. Auburn's rise to greatness under Pat Dye is firmly grounded in his mentoring under the Bear.

Still, Auburn is the real deal now, and owns Bama until we can at least beat them twice in a row. Just ask LSU and Florida about Auburn, who will be as nervous as possible about playing them on game day, regardless of the location. I love poking fun at "the Barners" like most Bama fans, but they deserve all the respect they get and then some.

13. Thank you for a respectful post. I may not be an Alabama fan but I hope they have a good season and hope they're completely healthy and on top of their game in the Iron Bowl. It's always a great game! :)

14. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    :confused: Erm, okay. Sorry?

You know we will. :p

+1 LSU>U

15. king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    When was Barn's last national championship? You will at least admit that Auburn graduates at least one player a year that can't even read. Also, for the record, I was referring to your football program, not the actual school. You can't possibly believe that Barn has a storied past on the griduron like UA! It's true that UA football has been in a slump, but we can at least revel in our past glory, you don't even have that. That's why beating us is so important to you -- that's all you have got! :bag:

btw, stinky, where did you go to college? :)

16. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I actually HATED Auburn before going to school there. I never converted to an Auburn fan, as I only attended one year, during Bama's 92 championship of all times, but I did go to the games, sat in the student section, yada yada. Great times. Actually, for years after that I pulled for Alabama and Auburn, and honestly football was less fun then. I finally decided that disliking your rival made football more interesting. So now I pull against Auburn a good bit of the time just for fun. I don't hate them by any means, and I poke fun with my Auburn friends again just to get the competitive juices flowing.

But I NEVER disrespect or underestimate them. It would be stupid to do that. I actually spent the night in Auburn a couple of weeks ago. I have some younger friends who are in school there, and we went out on the town and had a bit of fun. The town has changed so much. I used to call it a "cow college" back in the old days because there where so many pastures all around the school. But getting off on College Street now and driving into tow, you're hard pressed to see any of that anymore. The place has grown by leaps and bounds, and the people there are just as friendly as ever. I was very stricken with nostalgia when I was there, walking around Toomer's corner at 3 in the morning, looking for an ATM machine. Walking by the book stores, seeing all the Auburn girls in their short skirts and tanned legs...man...I could go back to those days in a heart beat. The campus is still beautiful.

Still, I think things might be on the decline for them. In a way, I enjoy thinking of that, but that night it kind of depressed me. I'll have a bit of a split personality for the rest of my life I think. So, I just make jokes and have fun. I'll cry a bit if Auburn beats us again this year, and I'll dance and scream if we win. But when I visit the plains, I tell you I just can't help but feel like an Auburn man.

17. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Except UF beat UT by 39, more than the combined margins of those other two games. Oh, and we've beaten you three years in a row (would have been four if the refs hadn't screwed us on a personal foul call that should have gone the other way at the end of the game in '04). I'd say there are some good explanations for that.;)

18. king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    From what I've seen so far, Florida is the team to beat this year.

19. Like I said, all you can do is live in the past and make completely uneducated posts.

I go to a community college that is directly linked to Auburn, which I will be attending when i'm done with my associates degree.

So what else do you have to say?

20. king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    Roll Tide!! ;)