1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LSU!! On our way to the top again!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpankyPants, Aug 30, 2008.

1. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    :rolleyes:

2. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    ROLL TIDE!!!!

Can't let that go unanswered. I want Auburn to stay good until we get the chance to beat them a couple of times. As much as it does make me chuckle when the struggle, I don't want to beat up on a bunch of worn-out Barners. I'd like to knock them off of an undefeated season at least once, and then they can go back to their 7 or 8 win seasons.

3. I'll wrap this up by saying, WAR EAGLE!!

Now, let's get back on what this thread is about. LSU.

It's going to be a great game Saturday. :)

4. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    LSU 35 Auburn 3

Barn's offence looks like a three stooges routine this years, and the defense may or may not be good -- we don't know yet, because they haven't played a good team yet. I do think Auburn could beat Oklahoma, Ohio St., or Penn State, by two touchdowns and give USC a tough game though. Too bad the SEC teams can't take turns playing in a one of the candy conferences each year. :)

5. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Too bad most SEC teams don't schedule anything out-of-conference but pushovers. If they did, it's unlikely five of them would be in the top ten this week.

6. king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    ? :confused: Do you have any idea what a tough in-conference schedule every SEC team has to play? Tell me about USC's tough non conference schedule! Ohio St.? Please! Bama Started out with a top 10 team and beat it like a drum. Florida did the same to Miami. Why doesn't USC play LSU, Florida, or Georiga each year? Because they don't want a loss on the schedule! :)

Edit: I still say it's "I don't know karate but I know ka-razy."

7. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Why don't SEC schools schedule USC anymore? Oh yeah, Arkansas and Auburn got whacked in home-and-home series four years running. I'd love to see it every year, as I'm sure USC would, but many SEC AD's are busy scheduling 1-A teams to pad their schedules.

BTW, Ohio State was ranked #3, and the drumming was pretty loud if you cared to hear it. Did you even watch the game? Neither Georgia or Auburn looked all that impressive to me last weekend. If you don't respect any other programs other than the SEC, you're not a football fan, you're merely a condescending fanboy.

And I am an SEC fan as well, as I've stated in numerous other posts. My dad's alma mater is Alabama, who by the way will play against Florida for the SEC title.

Regarding JB, you're still wrong.

8. I'd be thrilled to see a USC/LSU home and home deal set up for early in the season. Pancake those lame-@$$ pansy wannabes to start the season and get them out of the Top 10 to start off with, just as they deserve.

;)

And you're nuckin' futz if you think Alabama is playing in the SEC Championship game. Florida either.

I'm callin' the SEC Championship game right here and now:

LSU versus Georgia

9. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    With all the freshmen that are playing, I don't know that Bama will be able to make it to an SEC championship this year. Pretty much all their tough games are on the road except for Auburn. Won't be easy at all.

I'll say it again. I don't like first game matchups that put teams travelling across country to play a tough oponent. If it was game 3, then I'd be all for it. I'd love to see USC play Georgia, LSU or Florida right now. It would be an awesome game. I'd just as soon be happy for them to play the SEC champ at the end of the year though.

10. Agreed, not the FIRST game, but definitely in the 3rd/4th game slot.

I agree, 'Bama looks pretty good, but they've got a year or two to go before they're a REAL threat. Based on what I've seen from Auburn this season, the west will be LSU's oyster again in '08. Not predicting an NC, or even an SEC Championship, but they will absolutely contend for it.

11. king_biscuit

May 21, 2006
    US
    Arkansas is not a consistently top tear SEC team, and Auburn wasn't either when USC beat them. That would be like LSU playing Washington State. This has been well discussed on other forums, but suffice to say, USC did not play the top of the SEC in those years (including that infamous season opening Arkansas game). Ohio St. was never a top ten team, except in the dreams and wishes of the pollsters. And yes, I watched the Ohio St. USC game. I don't think Ohio St. could beat Vandy!

12. My prediction for the SEC title game will be the winner of the Auburn vs. LSU game this weekend vs. Georgia.

13. rush_fan

rush_fan

Aug 20, 2008
    I have no fingernails left from last night's Eagles/Cowboys game.

I'm concerned for Auburn...:meh:

Steve

14. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Me too, Gard, I agree with your sentiments exactly. The pollsters would crap themselves after USC pancaked an almighty SEC squad. ;)

Let's hope we get such a matchup come January so the smack talk won't be hypothetical. As Eublet posted, SEC champ vs. USC (provided USC stays undefeated) would be a great game and a TV ratings monster.

15. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    No doubt, and you can believe that'll be a factor when the time comes. Of course, if Oklahoma or another non PAC team can go undefeated that'll throw a kink in things. Still, I think it's almost certain that the BCS title game this year will be an SEC team against whatever respectable team is undefeated. I'm hoping that is USC, but if they get beaten I'd be happy to see an SEC team whip up on Oklahoma or Texas. But I really want a chance to shut up those damn trojans.

16. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I think the NC game will probably be LSU vs LSU.

17. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Well played, SpankyPants. :D

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I take some time away from TB, and I come back to see that Gard is still talking crap about Florida.

:rollno:

-Mike

19. :D

...that air out in L.A. is a bit thin after the air in LA, ain't it? Does odd things to ones cognitive skilz...

;)

...however, you're at least half correct!

:smug:

20. ...primarily because it bugs you.

:smug:

;)

...welcome back, Mike!

:)