1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

LTD B104 Harness

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by LowEndPolitics, Mar 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. LowEndPolitics

LowEndPolitics

Mar 8, 2018
    Hi everyone,

anyone out there know where I can find a replacement harness for the above mentioned bass?

Cant seem to locate one on ebay or Amazon

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys and gals

2. You're not going to find a wiring harness specific to the B-104, because it has a 2-band preamp.
    Why do you need to change your current controls?

3. LowEndPolitics

LowEndPolitics

Mar 8, 2018
    There is no pre amp. I need to change it because its a shoddy harness and I want to put a new one.

4. Are you sure there’s no preamp? I looked up the bass and it lists a 2-band preamp just like Killed_by_Death says.

Did you take out the preamp?

Also are your pickups active or passive?

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  5. LowEndPolitics

LowEndPolitics

Mar 8, 2018
    Yes im sure and nope, didnt take it out, yes they are passive. So any ideas on where I can find the harness I need?

6. I’m assuming you want to keep it passive,
    BestBassGear.com makes custom wiring harnesses.
    This is a Volume-Blend-Tone-Tone
    Prewired Passive Harness (Volume - Blend - Tone - Tone) - Best Bass Gear

Or Volume-Volume-Tone-Tone
    Prewired Passive Harness (Volume-Volume-Tone-Tone) - Best Bass Gear

Or you can look through eBay for a P-bass wiring harness, purchase 2 of them and fit them in your bass with minor soldering. You’ll have an extra jack though.

It’s not about finding a harness specifically for your bass but a harness with the configuration and number of knobs that you need. Another thing to consider is the bushing diameter of the pots that you have in now and the shaft diameters.

7. LowEndPolitics

LowEndPolitics

Mar 8, 2018
    I completely forgot about bestbassgear THanks so much man