1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LTD B206 or LTD D6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wolfword, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Wolfword

Wolfword

Dec 30, 2011
    Hi there!

I'm thinking of buying a 6 string bass, (Having experience with 4 string and double bass)

My 2 options are the LTD B206 and the LTD D6, their prices are very similar (The D6 being a little more expensive) but I don't know exactly the differences between them.

The only differences I can see is that B206 is constructed via Bolt-On Neck, and the D6 via Neck Through. Is there any difference of sound?

Also, the wood used is different (Ash, maple and rosewood for the B206 and Merbau, Mahogany and Maple)

Can you help me a little bit with the buy?

2. You have literally found the distinctions there. My friend bought a D-6 on the basis that it was neck-thru and he felt on trying out both basses that it was better than the B206. The electronics and hardware are the exact same but somehow the D-6's sound was fuller it appears.

3. Wolfword

Wolfword

Dec 30, 2011
    Ahh... thanks :D I'll also see if I can try them to spot the differences, just wanted to take some guidelines.