1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LTD Battle! B-206SM vs. D6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by francotedescoga, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Hi guys!
    I'm lookin for a low end 6er and stumbled upon this two ESP/LTD models. The main difference are in their construction. The B-206SM is a 35" scale, bolt on bass, while the D6 is a 34" scale, neck trough bass. Any thoughts?

2. gary m

gary m

Jan 17, 2011
    Mid -Atlantic
    Might want to look at Rondo Music for inexpensive sixes. They have a few interesting models to choose from.

3. Yeah, I've checked them up, but there are a lot of threads about them especially the Z6, now I would like to know your opinions ont this LTD basses!

4. Porkbun

Porkbun

Mar 10, 2010
    Stamford, CT
    For some reason nobody buys the D series, but there are a good number of threads on here about the B-series spalted maple basses and I havent heard a complaint in any of them

5. Kinda interested as well.

6. Interspace Station

Interspace Station Director at THE SPACEPORT Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    New York
    Having played neither beforehand, I bought the B-206sm over the D-6 mainly because I preferred the beveled body shape. I'd be interested in seeing how the D-6 plays but I have zero complaints about the B-206sm, just trying to find the right strings at the moment.