Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ltd by ESP EC-404 - ever played?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EddyK, May 10, 2005.

1. EddyK

EddyK

May 10, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Has anyone ever played the EC-404 ESP-Bass (Les Paul Style)? I like the design and the technical specs seem quite good, but I can't find one at my local dealers.

How's the sound? Playability? I've seen a review of an earlier model (EC-304?), apparantely the same instrument, but with passive pickups. Was quite favourably.

Any opinions on / experience with the EC-404?

Thanks!

2. spastikcat

spastikcat

Aug 13, 2007
    I ordered one from www.musiciansfriend.com...still waiting for it. I was sent a VIPER-254 my mistake...didn't like it, felt cheap. Hopefully the EC-404 is of better quality. I've only seen 1 review of it, but at least it was a positive one.

3. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    I've tried out quite a few LTD basses and liked them all but one. It was the Tom Araya signature model. It was set up horribly.
    They make some great instruments for the money.
    Goodluck!

4. shanmag

shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    I was looking into this bass a while ago, didn't find much at all. Doesn't seem to be a very popular bass?? I like the look of it though, the les paul shaped body is great.

I did find one video of it on youtube. The vid (or playing) isn't that great but I guess it gives you some idea of what it sounds like.