1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LTD F405 For 600$. Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nyarlathotep, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Im looking to maybe pick up my 1st active bass, and when I was out looking for a bridge for my SX I picked up a F405 and played a little. First impression was really nice. It seemed to be really in tune and intonated pretty good. I liked the neck and the sustain it had.

I'd definatly like to go back and try it thru an amp. If I did get it I'd prolly slap some flats on it tho (just my personal string pref :D)

So, 600 clams a good deal? I figure with the 3 band EQ and pup blend it should be pretty versitile....

Thanks! :D

2. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    I own a B-404SM and I love it. I bought mine brand-new back in December for a bit more than the one you're lookng at.

Is this one new or used?
    if this one's neck thru with EMG's and the flame maple top, then $600 for a new one would be, IMHO, a VERY nice deal. If its used, not so much...

3. w33nie

w33nie

Jan 27, 2008
    new ones are around 700 dollars i think

4. I had a F255FM. The F series basses are awesome and very versatile. $600 sounds good. I sold my F255FM. I plan on getting an F5.

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    Im pretty sure its new. Didn't pay much attention to whether it was bolt or neck thru. I just liked the way the neck felt... It did have the flame top and EMGs, and the bridge is the same as the 405 on the site (top load).

GAS....