1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LTD H-1005SE Bass - anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AngelCrusher, Dec 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    Have a buddy doing a record out in TX and he calls and mentions that he has been pretty impressed with the LTD basses lately and I should check one out. Haven't really been doing much looking, but I thought this may interest some folks here. I really love the versatility of the tone, especially the bridge pickup with the mids up on this model. It has that Fodera burp to it. The question is if it can deliver in a mix. I suspect it may with the Nordstrand pickups.

Has anyone played this thing? Demo below.

xlarge.

LTD H-1005SE Demo by Gabe Rosales

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    Carey likes this.
  2. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    Wow, have i found a bass that TalkBass knows nothing about?

3. FingerDub

FingerDub Banned

Jan 8, 2016
    I LOVE LTD's. The necks feel great and build quality far exceeds the cost, especially on the discontinued P and J LTDS. Not sure about this model but I'd imagine it to be excellent in everyway....BUT....

The one thing I would be concerned about is the stock pots and electronics. It says, "high end components...versatile EQ system.." Both of my LTDs benefited greatly by getting rid of the stock pots, which seemed crappy, and the way it was wired and it really opened them up. I'd be confident about everything on this except for that. Great pickups but a poor pre would be a disappointment. Also, poly neck finishes are not my thing but you may like it.

AngelCrusher likes this.