Lttile To Go Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Little Marc, Sep 14, 2002.

1. I was at a BBQ last week and there must have been 5 acoustic guitars and one fellow bass player. The bass player had brought with him a tiny little To GO amp maybe the size of a 12 pack of coke only square. It sounded great especially since none of the guitars were amplified and it couldn't have been easier for him to bring with him. My small practice amp must weigh in at 50+ pounds. It's no fun to lug around know what I mean?
    Can anyone make a suggestion on one of these that you have tried and liked?

2. Not familiar with those, but my GK MB150E112 weighs 23lbs, and is 100w into its internal speaker.
  3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    The famous Pignose makes a bass amp that's really small.
  4. rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I have a little Crate TX 30(Taxi) that I bought just for sittin' under a tree with acoustic guitars. My original idea was to get an acoustic bass guitar, but I quickly found out that while they sound fine alone, they are easily buried by a couple of acoustic guitars. So the GAS plan was to get an amp for the acoustic bass. Somewhere along the line my befuddled brain wondered what the little amp would sound like with a regular electric bass. The answer was GREAT. The amp has an 8 inch speaker and piezo. It has a sealed, lead-acid battery which reportedly lasts for 8 hours. The longest I have used it was for two hours, after which it only took 15 minutes to fully it must have some legs. It can be charged either from 120 volt AC or 12 volt DC (cigarette lighter). Nice tone and gets PLENTY loud for acompanying acoustics outside or in. There are two channels, one can be used for a mike, albeit, high-impedance.
    Crate has an updated model, called the Limo, with a 10 inch speaker, low-z input and effects and a new molded enclosure.