Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lucky Boys Confusion bassist overlooked/underrated?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Mudbass714, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Mudbass714

Mudbass714

Jun 19, 2001
    I just started hearing a few of their songs because all of my friends listen to them now, but from all I've heard so far this guy can do some pretty descent stuff in the backround (not loud, but in the backround). Not all of what he does is hard, but it sounds like he has quite a few nice lines in their songs that I think people either overlook or don't hear. What are all your opinions on this guy? Is my first impression wrong?

2. Never heard of them. Are they big, local, indie, dead, drunk, or what?;)

3. Mudbass714

Mudbass714

Jun 19, 2001
    They're out of around the Chicago area. I'm not sure exactly how much touring they've done, but they seem pretty popular (in my area at least). They made it onto Reverb once, and they were going to get their video for "Bossman" put on MTV2 but I guess there was some problem of some kind? Hope that explains a little.

4. Lucky Boys Confusion is EXCELLENTE!

My friend gave one of their songs, now I'm addicted. Definately an underrated band. The bassist is good, though not really something to write home about.

5. i dont know the name.but on their first cd when they were only a local band.he has a song with an awesome slap line