1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Luggage carts for band gear

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, May 19, 2011.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I'm not really sure where to post this so I'm sticking it here!:p

So I'm trying to get a luggage cart to make load in and load out easier on the band and myself. I'm remember seeing someone use one at the International G2G awhile ago.

Looking for something pretty durable and that can hold
    this and something similar to this (ours is very heavy and doesn't have wheels)
    all in one shot. It should fold up too so I can stick it in the back with the rest of the gear.

If it can fit that, then everything else after is cake since its just cabinets and guitars.

2. If it folds, the hinges are the weakest point. There may be carts out there that will fit the bill, but I'd study the hinges carefully. If you can possibly spare the room, I'd go with a non-folding model. And I'd look at Harbor Freight Tools. Harbor Freight Tools

3. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I saw some suggestions in, I think Band Management (or maybe it was Bass Humor) in a thread about nonmusical gear used for gigs.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    The Remin brand carts are highly regarding among bass players. You can load those bad boys up with a few fat girls and your amp.

Edit: Here is where I bought my Remin, Remin Kart-a-Bag Luggage Carts - Luggage Pros.

-Mike

5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I use a Rock 'n Roller cart for my drums but we move amps and everything else with them as well. I haven't had a problem yet.

6. I had a foldable one that was pretty heavy duty years ago when I carted my own gear. It handled my 410 and rack pretty easily. The only problem was it had tiny wheels, which seemed to get hung up on everything.

7. mpm32

mpm32

Jan 23, 2009