Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1. Copycat

Copycat Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    My heart's breaking, but I have to part with my Mike Lull Vintage 4. Sometimes life makes demands on your wallet that you can't anticipate. Or avoid. Here's the skinny. Full Jazz Bass sized alder body, Lindy Fralin pups, upgraded ABM brass bridge, maple board, 3-ply tortoise shell pickguard, ProTec case. The finish is solid butterscotch blonde--I wanted a bona fide vintage look, and this one has a very hip, retro vibe. This bass is outfitted in the way the one that Bass Player reviewed a while back. The instrument's only five months or so old, and it's been handled with TLC. The bass is listed on ebay now, so I'll see that auction through. Look there for pix. But if it doesn't sell there, I'll entertain other offers. This bass plays like a dream. Low, finger friendly action and plenty of vintage growl. You've read about Lulls here. If you've been thinking about one, here's your chance to get a great deal.

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Gee, that sucks. I'm so sorry you have to part with a beloved bass. We can all "feel your pain." I hope you at least get a good price for it.

Anyway, I'm going to move this post to "Basses" where you may get a lot more responses. Good luck.
    Maybe a wonderful new bass is in your future some time. I hope so.

3. Copycat

Copycat Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2000
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Thanks, Jason. Yeah, this was my first time starting a thread, so I appreciate any help you can provide. Again, much appreciated.

John