1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Luna Guitars anyone?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Jan 29, 2008.

1. So I was looking at some NAMM pics on the harmony-central forum and a guy had some shots of Luna guitars, and the ones there looked pretty cool, and I found a guitar that looks like it might be cool ->
    The Muse Parlor
    http://www.lunaguitars.com/muse.php#muse_par
    [​IMG]

After reading the mission statement, it seems like they are a daisy rock type company, where they push for a female crowd, but this one looks decent. Anybody ever play one? The price is right--anybody have anything good to say about them?

2. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    our guitarist won one of these:
    http://www.lunaguitars.com/athena.php

had serious intonation problems. now it never stays in tune.

it was free, so no complaints. but DEFINITELY try before you buy.

3. It's basically a line of Dean guitars aimed toward the female market. I've heard they are a lot better than Daisy Rock. I actually really like the looks of the single cutaway Pandora bass in pink....

4. they are made by dean?

5. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    A friend had a Luna Paradise Henna guitar. It required some fairly extensive work first, but became a pretty hot stuff instrument. And it looked cool. She actually got it mostly because it was cheap and looked cool. SHe wanted it as a camp guitar. After a luthier friend got done tweaking it, it was a pretty good guitar in general.

6. what kind of tweaks did it need?

7. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I couldn't even tell you. Happ (the luthier friend) has since passed away. But he had it for about three or four months. I know he had the neck off to do something with the neck angle. That wouldm't be cheap from a regular luthier. But other than that I didn't ever hear. I just knew it was a totally different guitar when she fot it back.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021