1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Luna Tribal ABG - Any other 30" scale ABG's?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ii7-V7, Apr 25, 2015.

1. ii7-V7

ii7-V7

Aug 4, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm looking at Acoustic Bass Guitars and I was hoping to find a Short Scale option. There are several that are 32" and that is fine with me. But, I prefer a 30" scale. I found that Luna has a short scale option. But, I know nothing about them. Any on have any idea about this bass, build quality, sound, action, etc.?

Any other 30" options? I'd rather have a 32" if this isn't a quality instrument.

[​IMG]

2. ii7-V7

ii7-V7

Aug 4, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Bump. I'm still in the market and I think it's been long enough.

3. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    I know nothing about this bass, but if the dealer has a generous return policy, give it a shot. I don't think there are too many short scales out there before you get to the ultra short Ubass, Gold Tone and MK Sojourn.
    Fender BG29 was short I think, and Applause had a short. I'm by far an expert on the subject.

4. LarryBama

LarryBama Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I have an Ibanez AGB205 5-string. Scale is 30. Love it!

Also check out Lakland Skyline Hollowbody 30 Short Scale.

5. If you can find one of the Fender BG 31s (believe they are 30") they were really good sounding instruments. I see them used on ebay every now and then. Cort made them at the time and eve had their own version of it.

6. ii7-V7

ii7-V7

Aug 4, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I have a Lakland Skyline HoBo 30. It's a great bass. But, it's not really an acoustic. The unplugged volume is barely louder than any other slab guitar.
    How is the unplugged volume on the AGB205?

7. LarryBama

LarryBama Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Probably a little louder than your Lakland. It certainly needs an amp for more than light practice.

8. ii7-V7

ii7-V7

Aug 4, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I was looking at the AGB205 myself, that why I ask. Went with the Lakland instead. I'd still love a short scale fiver. But, it will have to wait.

BTW, I picked up a Breedlove Pursuit. I just couldn't put it down once I picked it up. I'm still curious about the Luna. But now it's purely academic. I don't see myself buying any more basses for quite a while.