1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lurker coming to the light

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by optycal, Sep 16, 2008.

1. optycal

optycal

Sep 9, 2008
    Washington
    Hello, Talkbass. My name is Charity, and I've been lurking for a looooong time. I thought I'd actually pop in and say hi---since I've been digging around so much lately, I thought it was only polite.

Just a bit about me: I'm a 32 year old writer/dog breeder/artist from Washington, but more importantly I've been a rabid bass-lover for 22 years.

I started out on a crappy little Sears set-up when I was 10, upgraded to an Ibanez EX a few years later, and the rest is history. Recently I treated myself to my very first acoustic bass---A Michael Kelly "Dragonfly" which I'm madly in love with.

I'm completely self-taught, and play mostly for myself, but was recently talked into joining a traditional Irish band. Believe me, that's a FAR cry from what I usually play (metal, baby! :bassist: ) but the band is a kick in the pants and I'm having a blast.

**Crappy picture of me (don't make fun of my jammie pants) but good picture of the new bass about two hours after getting it. I'm still all tingly when I touch it *quiver* Those aren't smudges on the bass, they're just reflections; I promise it's shiny and perfect!

Attached Files: