1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lurker to poster. (d)Evolution at it's finest!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Wannaflea, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Wannaflea

Wannaflea

Jun 7, 2011
    Jersey, CI
    Hi all,

Been a pretty frequent poster over in the Basses forum, learnt a whole lot there, but recently enjoyed reading a fair few threads down here.

Refreshingly small amount of flaming, and a brilliant abundance of trolling, banter and laughs.

So basically I thought I'd say hello, and basically I'll be frequenting here from now on. You've been warned! :ninja:

I'm Tom, I'm 17, and I've been playing bass for 2 years. I'm into music a lot, I play guitar, piano and drums, as well as bass obviously! I play PS3 a bit - if you have an online account, let me know and I'll add you! I'm in a band called Scruffians, which takes up a lot of my time too.

I'm still in school, in Jersey, a little island in between England and France. I'm studying French, Spanish, English Literature and History at A level. Really really interested in English Lit, and I'm a big reader, and write poetry too

So yeah, HI! :D

2. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    In theses forums,basically is spelled with two esses,hyphenated,and followed by a winky-face!! You've been warned! :D

3. Wannaflea

Wannaflea

Jun 7, 2011
    Jersey, CI

;)

4. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

[​IMG]

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    What are you bringing to OT? Trolling, banter, laughs?

-Mike

6. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    I'm bringing sexy back.

7. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Yeeeeeesssssss, do tell. Bert.gif

8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I like your approach, Mike. We should ask all newcomers to OT what it is they expect to contribute.

9. no you aren't i already brought it back.

:atoz:

10. I'm bringing chips.

11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Ive brought chicks...

Im all out at the moment, though.

12. SamanthaCay

SamanthaCay Like bass guitar OMG!

Nov 16, 2008
    Denver, CO.
  13. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    scary-hi.gif

14. If you're not here to tell dirty jokes then I have no use for you! Begone!

...Also, welcome to the forum :p.

15. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    A woman on a stalled plane that's about to crash decides she doesn't want to die before feeling like a real woman, so she stands up in the aisle, takes off all her clothes and shouts "Does any man here want to make me feel like a woman before we all die?"

At that, a man stands up, takes off his shirt and says "Iron this."

16. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

May 16, 2012
    Louisville KY
    Rat- You come here?

Damone- Yeah. I come for the strudel. It's great. Hey, listen, I found your wallet the other day. You want it back?

17. Jay2U

Jay2U Not as bad as he lóòks

Dec 7, 2010
    23 ft below sea level
    First of all, welcome! :bassist:
    Beware of pick-versus-finger-wars, fretted-versus-fretless-riots, slap-attacks, the Fender-versus-the-world-syndrome, passive-versus-active-contradictions and the good old flats-against-rounds-threads. :D
    If you are thick-skinned, you'll stay and enjoy the madness. :spit: If not, be prepared to ragequit in the near future. :eek:

18. Wannaflea

Wannaflea

Jun 7, 2011
    Jersey, CI
    ...I went to bed (English time, school night)

Love, compassion, and a good work ethic. :)

But seriously, hopefully a few jokes, an interesting conversation or two, and an unprecedented knowledge of avoiding responsibility at all costs! :D

Aha! But I'm IN SCHOOL, and bored. Still have another 5 weeks to go. Nice try! ;)

Hahahaha! Sounds like I'll fit in here!

:oops: I was hoping to avoid that around here! But yeah, it doesn't bother me at all! :bassist:

19. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    We don't really do that in OT do we? There are plenty of other forums for those.:D

20. Wow, there can't be too many people from Jersey on TalkBass. Is there much of a music scene on the Island?