1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Luthier Directory?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by KingRazor, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Okay, I realize this has been discussed before, but I wanted to bring it up again.

Navigating through the "who are you?" thread can be tedious and it can be hard to figure out who is capable of or willing to make what.

I really think it would be nice to have a list of Luthiers, where they're located, what standard models they make, whether or not they're willing to make full-on custom instruments, and any other wood work they can/will do (e.g. making a finger ramp).

Unless they want to list prices for standard models, I don't think prices would be necessary. Also that way people won't just look for whoever has the lowest prices.

What do you guys think?

2. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    It always gets sidetracked into someone wanting to make more than a directory with page links. Someone also always gets bent out of shape when they try to separate full custom builders from custom clone assemblers. It's quite a task to take on for anyone, but the person who decides to do it needs to maintain explicit control, and not pass it off to whomever after a few weeks.:meh:

3. Yeah... :meh: