1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Luthier in SC

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by stoberto, Mar 16, 2008.

1. stoberto

stoberto

Mar 16, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    Hi,

This is my first post, and I hope this is in the right section (this seemed to be where most people posted this type of question when I searched). I just bought what I think is a Fender 75 RI Japan from the 80's off of ebay (it was a pawn shop, they didn't know much about it other than the pictures they had). I am not sure what kind of shape it will be in, but I am assuming I will want to make some changes and will not want to do them all myself. Does anyone know of a luthier in the SC/NC area? Specifically i live in Columbia, SC. Thank you for your help...

2. JLBW

JLBW

Jan 15, 2008
    Bavaria, Germany
    Just to clear something. A luthier is someone who builds stringed instruments. It sounds like you are looking for a repair person. Also I suggest you wait till you get it cause it might just be fine and don't need any work done to it. Who knows you might love it the way it is :)

All the best

3. Actually, a luthier is capable of both instrument making and repair. I wouldn't recommend letting anyone but a trained, apprenticed, experienced and certified luthier work on any of your instruments. If you need one in Columbia, SC, come se me.