luthier who makes electric guitars out of reclaimed NYC buildings

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pcake, Mar 15, 2017.

1. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    i thought this was really cool and wanted to share it.

wmmj, mapleglo, Tbone76 and 2 others like this.
  2. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    That was really cool! Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

pcake likes this.
  3. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

Beautiful story. Beautiful guitars too!

--^@

pcake likes this.
  4. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Ohio, USA
    Such a great story! Thanks for posting it, pcake. I was a history teacher for many years and would love to have an instrument made from historic buildings.

Many years ago, I was teaching social studies at a Catholic school and came across a big, thick poplar board in the basement of the church that was covered in dirt and crud. I asked if I could have it, and they were happy to get rid of it. I used it to make a short-scale fretless, which is the bass I am playing most often right now. I always refer to that wood as "sanctified poplar", since it spent many years on the basement of a church, and enjoy that there is a story behind the wood. The thought of playing an instrument made from wood that may be a 200 years old and was part of American history gets me all...... tingly.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021