Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Luthiers in Atlanta Georgia

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Lewis, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Lewis

Lewis

Aug 12, 2004
    I am contemplating buying a C extension for my Bass. Ive played on many and it seems to me that one would complement my bass nicely. I was wondering if anyone knows of a trusted bass luthier in atlanta who could put one on my bass and not screw it up.

2. Heifetzbass

Heifetzbass Commercial User

Feb 6, 2004
    Upstate, SC
    Owner, Gencarelli Bass Works and Fine String Instruments, LLC.
    Lewis,

I know of one luthier that installs C extensions in Atlanta- Tom Thoreson. He plays in the ATL symphony and owns Southeastern strings. I have seen several of his and they are pretty good.

Another option would be to order one of the KC string extensions and have Emory Clements install it for you. I am sorry I don't have his info in front of me... He is a great guy and does good work. I am not sure how much extension work he does, but I am confident that he could install one of the KC jobs with the instructions they provide. I would trust him with my bass.

FWIW
    Brian

3. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    There is Ron Sachs in Lilburn, (770) 931-2440. I believe his brother Ben does the bass-specific work.
    Atlanta Strings, Stephanie Voss, or Williams Gengakki may do bass work, I'm really not sure though.

4. If you have minimal (and I do mean minimal) tools and some woodworking skills, I promise the KC Strings Extension is not hard at all to install. I did so myself and you can see the results at: www.allmyheroes.org/extension_install.htm