Luthiers on Long Island

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by NYBassMan, Oct 21, 2003.

1. NYBassMan

Oct 19, 2003
    East Meadow, NY
    anyone know of any luthiers on Long Island besides Dave Siegel (New York Bass Works) If you know can you let me know.

Mr. Stambaugh returns tomorrow, cant wait to put in my order!!!:bassist:
  2. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Another great LI luthier is Clifford Roi. He's in Levittown. I know his waiting list is fairly long though...

Dave at NYBW is awesome. He is so meticulous about his craft and about the product he builds. I was at his shop two weeks ago and I played a six string that blew me away. It was the closest I've ever heard anyone come to building a "Vintage J bass six string". Absolutely killer...
  3. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I met Dave from NYBW and he is a real cool dude. A friend of mine uses one of his basses and it sounds sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Now as for the ROI bass, I know two guy's who have a few ROI basses. I just saw one of them last week and he put down his Federa(sp) for the ROI. My other buddy has two, one fretted and the other a lined fretless. While these are nice basses they are very boutique and not my sort of thing.
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I used to be a Long Islander just moved a few months ago, i highly recomend Luthier Tony from NY guitars in melville he is the man and has the best prices. If you go tell him that Kevin the Priest sent you and he will take care of you.