Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Luthite vs Quilted Maple

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eVersi0n, Jan 31, 2003.

1. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Which is more stronger? I need something with strength, weight isn't a factor for me, i'm buff, heh. (And i'm usta playing heavy guitar for long periods of time, jumpin around n such).

thanks

2. eVersi0n

eVersi0n

Dec 30, 2002
    Canada, Alberta
    Well what i'm tring to decide is either going with the BTB405QM or Maybe something in the EDA series bout the same price (I really ani't to great on their "futuristic" looks though).

3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    You've played both, right? I have an EDB605 (luthite) and more and more I'm coming to the conclusion that I just don't like it's tone.
    I can get a more pleasing tone out of my daughters 3/4 scale Essex P-bass - but that's my opinion on tone.
    As far as strength I have banged my Ergo into everything in existance, knocked it it's stand several times, dropped it, whatever - it doesn't even go out of tune. It holds a set up for ever. It seems pretty tough to me.

4. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Well, the BTB405's are made outta basswood, quilted maple is only the top wood. Sound better than EDA's, tho.