1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lydia Loveless - Indestructable Machine

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by steamthief, Jan 12, 2012.

1. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Anyone else out there heard this album? To my ears, an addicting blend of old school country and punk attitude. I bought the CD for my wife for Christmas, but have confiscated it for my own selfish listening enjoyment.

2. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I really dig it. More Like Them is probably my favorite from it. I'm always a little cautious of "alternative country." Some of it's really good and a refreshing break from the Nashpop product, but some of it is a little too hipster-ish and pretentious for my tastes (I could never really get into Drive By Truckers by I am slowly getting more into Wilco). Lydia falls in the former for me.

I hate to be one of those guys that has to comment on a female performer, but she is dead sexy. But that extends beyond just physical beauty. It's her attitude that's coveyed through her singing and performance.

[​IMG]

I'd take her any day over Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood.

3. HOOLIGAN

HOOLIGAN

Dec 21, 2007
    Cowtown, USA
    She's from my home town.
    She's the real deal-
    And she married her 20+ years older bass player!
    (There's a country song there in itself!)

4. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    That's one bass player that I'm super jelly of.

5. eight0eight

eight0eight

May 31, 2009
    Boston MA
    Incredible album! Saw her last time she came through town and they seemed to have an off night. She said "thanks for coming to band practice" as they closed their set. One of those shows where you're not quite sure what's wrong but things just weren't clicking. Hope to see her again though as her songwriting is great.
    Also digging Lindi Ortega who is in that same category. She tore it up opening for Social D last time they came through town.

6. blammo

blammo

Jul 26, 2004
    Hey, thanks for the kind words & sorry about the bunk show. What venue was that? I remember playing an awesome show at Middle East last time we were in Boston, but later that tour we played the Iron Horse & Lydia lost her voice & we had to cancel the rest of the tour. That sucked. Anyway, hope we can get back there soon & make it up to you.
    -Ben