Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lyle Bass Guitar?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by herbeey, Dec 8, 2002.

1. herbeey

herbeey

Dec 8, 2002
    I has recently received a bass guitar and am not sure what kind it is. It says Lyle on it but i havent heard of Lyle and cannot find a website for it. Can anyone tell me if Lyle is a manufacturer and where i can find info and parts for it?

2. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Seems awfully little info on the net, I found one discussion here where someone has a theory it was produced by the same Japanese factory that made Epiphones in the 60's and 70's

Here is another page with the same info.

3. lowfreqguy

lowfreqguy

Oct 18, 2000
    My parents bought me a Lyle electric guitar when I was starting out. I believe I got it in the mid seventies. It was definitely made in Korea or Japan and was sort of a Gibson SG-ish body style. It had some of those cheesy Teisco-Del Rey touches such as individual on/off switches for each of the pickups and a tremolo bridge with a spring loaded under the bridge on the face of the body. It was the cheesiest!

4. herbeey

herbeey

Dec 8, 2002
    What i need is to fix it up a little. I dont know much about guitars, it needs new strings, pickups and such, Can i get any kind or is there specific parts i need for it?

5. edward681

edward681

Oct 2, 2008
    My first instrument was a Lyle bass. Red Sg style short scale that was actually not a bad playing and sounding bass and pretty well made.

6. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    must have been a duplicate of this one..cause it WAS red before I sanded all the paint off of it to show that " BEAUTIFUL" plywood grain since the paint was so bad it did not matter...:D

the pickups were changed as well as the tuners, and your right, although not the greatest thing in the world, it does stay in tune, and I do take it off the shelf to jam on it from time to time....

[​IMG]