Lyrics that are so bad, they anger you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    This thread is in honor of Fiddy Cent. I've heard that "In the Club (?)" song about 3 times at a local Taco Bell, and it's so stupid. The line that gets me every time is, "I'm into having sex, I'm not into making love, so come give me a hug." ***?

That's like saying, "Hey baby, lets have rough, dirty sex, but before hand... lets snuggle." Don't be so on the fence about your beliefs. Either view women as objects or don't. :scowl: :rollno:

Also, 70% of RHCP's lyrics, 100% of their old lyrics. A great example, from Police Helicopter... "Police Helicopter Shot from the sky... Police helicopter landed in my eye." And that's most of the song. :oops:

I know there are more, but I'm too enraged by Fiddy.
  2. I don't like My Chemical Romance's excuses for songs. Its just "I'm not ok!" x 1,000,000. I GET IT!
  3. Papa Roach, "Getting Away With Murder"

"I drink my drink and I don't even want to
    I think my thoughts when I don't even need to
    I never look back cause I don't even want to
    and I don't need to
    because I'm getting away with murder"

You think maybe he doesn't want to? Or need to? I can't tell...

And that's the whole second verse...retarded.
  4. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    All Poppa Roach lyrics are like that. But for me, the lyrical passage that irks me most is DMX's "Y'all skeet skeet skeet skeet!".
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    OH OH OH OH, I remebered 2 more!!! Both from... NICKLEBACK.

First, Never again. A nice idea, "I wanna kick some wife abusing ass." but the reoccouring hook to the song is, "She's just a woman." Which kinda suggests that a woman can not get out of an abusive situation/help herself, she needs a man.

Then, this... this cannot be justified. The chorus to "How you remind me." Is, "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, No, No." What the hell rolled in a pile of feces and deep fried in vomit? When struggling for lyrics this is the best douchey Mcgross hair could come up with? Doing the typical rock n' roll "Yeah yeah" stuff, but then changing his mind at the end and saying "No no." Wow... just wow.
  6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I really lost it for The Scorpions in the 80s when I read the lyric to "Rock you like a hurricaine"

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Short of describing a full-on drug coma, I never understood this Beatles lyric:

Lying with his eyes while his
    hands are busy working overtime
    A soap impression of his wife which
    he ate and donated to the National Trust
  8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

Did you know that he wrote that song phonetically? That's the story I heard about why the song is like it is.
  9. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Ugh.. That My Chemical Romance song is indeed dreadul! "I'm ok, really.. I'm not ok!.. I'm OK.. I'm Not ok!!"
    Nickleback.."I ahte the places we go, i hate the people you know..I love the places we go, I love teh people you know" ?????
    It seems the thign to do in the whole emo and modern rock circuit is to write lyrics hat are completely contradictory. I can't count the songs I've heard where the singer says one thing then says teh exact opposite right afterwards.
  10. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Every rap and emo song angers me.
  11. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Most of the lyrics off of St. Anger.
  12. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I feel the need to defend My Chemical Romance. While I'm not a fan of camp in general, I do find MCR's absurd over-the-top bombast kind of endearing. Maybe it's just nostalgia for the halcyon days of youth when I would totally love a band like that, but I do find Chemical Romance's self-absorbtion, absurdity and cheesiness so bad that it's good.

Jimmy Eat World's lyrics, on the other hand, are just boring(sweep the dirty steps, the ones I waited on). And if they're not boring they're really weak self-help drivel (The Middle).

P.S.: Matt, it's spelled 'Fifty'-cent.

13. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    As much as I love Metallica, I kinda agree with you I-Love-RATM.

I mean Dirty Window... enough said.
  14. I hate the lyrics of just about every popular new Rap and R&B song. All they ever sing about is how much bling they have, or how everyone wants to be them, or how much sex they get. I can't wait till record labels move on to the next fad.
  15. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    maybe it was "wrote the song pathetically" :p

I dug the earlier stuff, but I had thought metal was turning into a parody of itself by then....
  16. jade

Mar 8, 2002
  17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't get angered by pop lyrics. They were never meant to mean anything anyway, so who cares. There is the concept of lyrics for rhythmic and tonal effect as opposed to poetic or artful effect, in which case the lyrics just have to fit into the song in a particular way, regardless of what they actually are.

I rapped over one of my songs not too long ago, the rap is incredibly silly, but it fits rhythmically and stylistically so I'm cool with it.

Personally, I generally don't have the balls to write any lyrics let alone stupid ones, so my hat goes off to those who can spit out some of the **** they do and still keep a straight face.
  18. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    As much of a Zeppelin lover as I am, I just shake my head at this post-Zep Plant line.....

"I'm so tall and you're so cute.... let's play wild like wildcats do...."

19. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Dumb lyrics don't usually anger me. I've gotten into lyrics a little more lately though.

Actually this thread kind of makes me nervous because I've been trying to write some of my own lyrics lately. I hope if I get around to recording them and share them then they don't make this thread! :meh:

brad cook
  20. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Converse of what the thread is about but here goes.

In a prehistoric dried-up lake,
    A million years after the last earthquake,
    There lived a little girl who loved to bake.
    The only thing she made was cake.
    But all she used was salt.
    That's all she had. It's not her fault.
    Saline, the salt lake queen
    She used a rudimental substance for
    An ingredient that she could pour
    Into a chalice she carved out of stone.
    Her only friend, it was a big black crow
    That flew with love.
    He would fly high above.
    Then look back at her below.

Oh Saline
    Only seventeen.
    Swollen up with pride.

Oh Saline
    Under desert skies.
    She's a bromide.

She makes green fire in a tunnel of thorns,
    And she's got yellow eyes.
    She cook alone amid a brutal ruin.
    It's hard to tell exactly what she's doin.
    An incantation, then the crow flew in.
    And then she took a taste.
    The black crow looked into her face
    Saline the salt lake queen.