Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lyte,Rhapsoday,Z Vintage

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NNbassest, Nov 6, 2004.

1. NNbassest

NNbassest

Nov 4, 2004
    hey guys, i am gettin a new bass and my mom wanted me to ask aruond a bit on yalls oponions im leaning towards the Fender Lyte with the p/j pickups or a dean rhapsody r the vintage Z bass from dean. im reallyin wanting the Fender. i can get any pickups id like for them and strings. *onthe fender cuz the guy owns a shoP*

prices:fender 275 rhapsody:300 vintage:300

thanks

2. I have the Lyte Deluxe, its a great bass. It doesn't have the growl that some want, its definately a more refined bass. Its VERY versatile, slaps and picks very well. Fingering sounds good to, although the upper end is a little brittle. Its missing a little something in the bottom end, but can somewhat be compensated for with EQ. Its definately plays very well.

I don't know what new PUPs would do to the sound, but reviews I've read seem to favour EMGs over stock.

hth.

- Andrew

3. NNbassest

NNbassest

Nov 4, 2004
    so yall say the fender over all the others? thats why i think is best.

thanks JJ :bassist:

4. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    get the Z bass. thats the explorer lookin one right? i played one of those when i was on a road trip through the west coast, somewhere in LA but it was hella sick.

5. NNbassest

NNbassest

Nov 4, 2004
    ya man its a nice one. played one also. i trihnk the Fender fits my play best. i cant see myself blowin motown on a Z thanks for the advice

:bassist: