1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lyte,Rhapsoday,Z Vintage

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NNbassest, Nov 6, 2004.

1. NNbassest

NNbassest

Nov 4, 2004
    hey guys, i am gettin a new bass and my mom wanted me to ask aruond a bit on yalls oponions im leaning towards the Fender Lyte with the p/j pickups or a dean rhapsody r the vintage Z bass from dean. im reallyin wanting the Fender. i can get any pickups id like for them and strings. *onthe fender cuz the guy owns a shoP*

prices:fender 275 rhapsody:300 vintage:300

thanks

2. I have the Lyte Deluxe, its a great bass. It doesn't have the growl that some want, its definately a more refined bass. Its VERY versatile, slaps and picks very well. Fingering sounds good to, although the upper end is a little brittle. Its missing a little something in the bottom end, but can somewhat be compensated for with EQ. Its definately plays very well.

I don't know what new PUPs would do to the sound, but reviews I've read seem to favour EMGs over stock.

hth.

- Andrew

3. NNbassest

NNbassest

Nov 4, 2004
    so yall say the fender over all the others? thats why i think is best.

thanks JJ :bassist:

4. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    get the Z bass. thats the explorer lookin one right? i played one of those when i was on a road trip through the west coast, somewhere in LA but it was hella sick.

5. NNbassest

NNbassest

Nov 4, 2004
    ya man its a nice one. played one also. i trihnk the Fender fits my play best. i cant see myself blowin motown on a Z thanks for the advice

:bassist: