Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mötley Crüe fans...listen up!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kelly Lee, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I went to see the Crüe last night in Tucson AZ. I was lucky enough to be third row and slightly off to the right of the stage. Mick's mic was directly in front of me. :D

Anyways, what an awesome show! :bassist: I have never been to a concert that was put together like this one. Yea, it was loud, there was fire, motorcycles, women, blah, blah blah. What made it different was the interaction between the band and the audience.

The cool thing was that they played for a while then took a ten minute break, played some more, and then the solo stuff started. I must admit what Mick and Tommy did for solos was not what I expected at all. It wasn't your cheesy 80's style stuff.

Individual performances:

To all the people that said Vince has lost his voice...*** are you talking about? He sung very well. Considering he was fighting mic (it cut out several times) and monitor (in ear) problems the whole show, he was excellent. He took his in ear monitor off twice. Once he tossed it to the side and the second time he threw it off the stage.

Mick was awesome. His playing was excellent. I was shocked that he played so well considering I could tell the man was in some pain. Sometimes when he moved around I could see him grimace. :( You could tell it wasn't show. Major kudos to him even trying to play such a show let alone a whole tour. Rock on Mick!

Tommy was typical Tommy in that he played really well, he worked the crowd, and put on a helluva show. I also give him kudos for not doing the tradional drum solo but something very different for him.

Nikki was really moving and you could tell he still gets into it. His tone was pretty decent for as loud as it was and I could hear him pretty good. I don't know what head(s) he was using but he had like eight Basson 810's and he was using his Gibson Thunderbirds.

Overall I give the show an A. :bassist: It could have gotten the + but the mic cutting out really was a bummer. For a bunch of "old" guys they sure didn't act like it! Ofcourse Mick is excused due to his illness. He did make his rounds of the stage so all the fans got to see him play.

I recommend that anyone that likes the Crüe or who has ever wanted to see them, GO NOW! It had the "show" aspect of the 80's but it put out so much more.

Oh, did I mention I had a really good time? :D

2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I thought they were great when we saw them in august. My experience was similar to yours. I really enjoyed everything about it. My son's eyes were as big as dinner plates the whole night. It was priceless.

3. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    If you guys had the same show then I'm sure his eyes were trying to get every little detail they could! ;) :p

4. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    No actually he averted his eyes when the boob cam came out. :) He's a good boy, 9yrs old and wise waaaaayyy beyond his years.

5. I saw the Crue in april and it was a great show. They sounded very tight, looked energetic, and put on great visual effects. It had the best elements of an 80s metal show, but still deliered everything else.

6. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    I just saw them Sept. 23 and my ears are still ringing... Your thread has put a smile on my face. Thank you for not making it a bash motley crue one.

One part of the show did put a frown on my face tho. Durring kickstart my heart Nikki was playing a Fender P-Bass. I screemed over the crowd at my wife looks he is playing a p bass cool...Well at the end of the song he smashed it. :( The crowd screamed and cheared, but I pouted.

If you ever get a chance you should check out Nikki Sixx web site. He might seem wild and completly crazy, but he actualy seems down to earth and really cares about his fans. Which is allways a thumbs up from me.

Im really happy you enjoyed the show. Did Tommy do the you know what cam there as well? :D

Man you didn't minchen the Midgets :bassist:

As far as Tommy he got onto the security here. He stopped the show walked up to the front of the stage and said. Man what is your Fu#$'n problem man I tossed the drum stick to her and I see her asking if you would get it for her and you just blow her off. While walking back to his drum set. He says there has got to be one A$$hole at every show it never failes.
    Oh yeah.....Supper Tommy away. :eek:

7. Kelly Lee

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yea, Tommy busted out the cam. :D

Luckily the security guys where pretty cool. Even when Tommy tossed a bottle of Jägermeister to some fans all they did was make sure they had their beer bracelets.

I forgot all about the little people! :p

Here are a couple of pics. Sorry they suck but maybe they will bring back a cool memory or two.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    He did the Jägermeister thing here too.
    Man that show was a blast.