1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

M*A*S*H trivia I never knew!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Johnny StingRay, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Ever wonder why the MASH episode about Frank Burns prospecting for gold was called "Major Fred C. Dobbs"? That was the name of Humphrey Bogarts character in "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre". Never knew that.

The last MASH episode that Wayne Rogers was in was NOT the last show of the third season "Abyssinia, Henry". It was "Welcome To Korea" the first show of the fourth season that introduces Capt. B. J. Hunnicutt. Wayne Rogers was the voice on the P. A. at Kimpo Air Base. Never knew that.

Oh, well. Enough wasting time on the computer, gotta get back to work.

2. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Ever wonder how many fingers Radar has?

3. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I cant remember specifically but I recall reading that he had a defect and always carefully kept that hand hidden or something like that.

4. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Inactive

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    Andrew Dice Clay was on an episode.

5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    really?? That I did not know

6. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Inactive

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,

7. Jamie Farr is of Lebanese descent.

8. I beleve Radar has an atrophied arm. Watch for it- he really only uses one. Also, the movie was IMO FAR better. Not trivia, just wanted to say so.

9. sorrell-booke.jpg

Sorrell Booke played General Bradley Barker in two episodes.

He later played Boss Hogg on Dukes Of Hazard.

dhbh01.jpg

10. why did they change all the cast from the original movie?

11. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Gary Burghoff (Radar) is quite a drummer.

12. I'd wager they couldn't afford to pay anywhere NEAR to what the stars(Sally Kellerman, Elliott Gould, Donald Sutherland, etc)would certainly have asked.

13. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York

Attached Files:

14. IIRC, Gary Burghoff was the only actor to come from the movie to the series.
    Harry Morgan made a guest appearance before joining as Sherman Potter, as General Steele.
    I checked. G. Wood also came over as General Hammond.

15. Oh right,had forgotten that!

16. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Inactive

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    Living in southern california, I am fairly close to places where famous movies and series were filmed.

I have stood on the original bad news bear's field in the valley (Mason park, in chatsworth)

and recently, I hiked to the original setting for MASH (Malibu creek park) and stood at the site of the original 4077. Surreal! The iconic peaks you see in the opening are real obvious once you are there.

17. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Inactive

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    More MASH trivia...in the original film, the jeep driver is none other then Bobby (God#$%m Army!) Troup, who wrote the classic song, "route 66". Bobby Troup had one of THE best west coast jazz combos back in the day...his album "The meaning of jazz" is a classic live album with incredible playing.

18. Bert Slide

Bert Slide

May 16, 2012
    Louisville KY

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

19. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Inactive

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    The only time anyone saw it was in the first episode, as he is playing football.

20. Goatee220

Goatee220 Bassist/Photographer/Goalie Gold Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Spring City, PA
    Tim Brown was in both the movie and the first season. He was Cpl. Judson in the movie and Spearchucker Jones in the series.

His character was written out of the series because there were no black surgeons in Korea at the time.