M-Audio Audio Buddy - Colours

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Velkov, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    What are the differences between the different versions of the Audio Buddy? The newest one is white. There is an older one on ebay right now that looks grey, and I've definitely seen pictures where they look green.

I'm assuming they are all the same and they only changed the colour and box design. Is this true?
  2. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

M-Audio was previously known as MidiMan. The darker colored units are of the MidiMan line (same components and design..different box and graphics) and were painted to match other MidiMan units (Flying Cow, Flying Calf, Midi Merge and routing matixes..)
    M-Audio since changed their colour scheme to to the more industrial "steel-grey" or aluminum chasis, which i turn matches their recording breakout boxes on the Delta series (and the mounting on their Studiophile Monitors).

Now, it seems their are moving onto a newer look...from the looks of the Tampa and Delta 1010 boxes....

In short, it is all cosmetic changes. The Audio Buddy ( a fine little preamp, BTW) remains the same (Tho, methinks that if they wanted a more "high-tech studio" look to the thing they would rename it; something like the MP22 or something...).