1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

M-audio Fast Pro with ProTools Vs Garage Band

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by melodiaopus, Jul 24, 2012.

1. melodiaopus

melodiaopus Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I have a M-audio Fast Track Pro interface that came with ProTools MP9. I have been mostly using GarageBand, but the tone of my bass sounds horrible because of the amp selections on GarageBand. I want to plug in my TecAmp Puma bass head DI so I can get the clear beautiful tone of the Puma, do I still have to sacrifice not being able to record in GarageBand? Or should I just start recording in ProTools?

2. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    You can make a fine recording in Garageband but it's limited. If you are concerned about fine tuning any signal path with superior quality plugins, Protools is the obvious answer.

You can get a very good sounding recording with garageband, keep experimenting. If you want a education on using digital recording software, nothing wrong with working with garageband for a while. You will know when it's time to improve your software. If you can not get a good recording with Garageband and a good sounding mix, it is not the limitation of the software. Garageband in the hands of an experienced user will give you that.