1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

M-Audio Revolution 7.1

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by darkspec, Mar 27, 2003.

1. darkspec

darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Hello, Im looking for a good audio card to record to my pc. I found this M-Audio that seems to meet the standard for recording. But it only has a line in and mic in, plus all its outputs. Would i be able to record to my pc using this card? or do i need a diffrent one? tia...

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Revolution 7.1 is the ultimate audio upgrade for your PCI-based computer. Play DVDs and all your music in surround sound, make games more realistic, and record or mix your own music. 7.1 surround sound output and high-definition 24-bit/192kHz fidelity insure that you’ll experience it all the way that it was meant to sound. Designed by
    M-Audio — one of the biggest names in the pro music industry — Revolution 7.1 packs all this advanced technology into a small PCI card that’s a breeze to install and use.

• PCI solution for high-quality surround sound up to 7.1
    • also supports DTS output and Dolby Digital 5.1/EX (6.1 DVD) decoding
    • high-resolution audio output up to 24-bit/192kHz
    • true professional 24-bit/96kHz recording
    • Incredible 107dB signal-to-noise ration
    • real-time stereo-to-surround conversion
    • SRS CircleSurround II technology delivers virtual surround for stereo sources
    • simple control panel for Bass Management and other features
    • supports all popular media players including Windows Media 9
    • includes software bundle worth over $200

---From the M-Audio website. this card will work, though I believe it's really aimed at gamers/dvd's etc. Check out the Audiophile.

3. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    well..that seems like a multimedia card not a recording card...hence teh 7.1 name. Meaning it supports 7 satalite channels and 1 subwoofer (LFC) channel. I am guess ing that the Audiophile 24/96 might be a little more $ but a lot more geared to what you want to do.

4. There was mention of this card in the latest edition of Computer Music magazine. I can't remember whether it was a review or just a mention. I'll try to dig it out. They were inferring that there are about to be a rash of these cheaper soundcards on the market (M-Audio, Terratec etc.) all recording at 24/96. I'll try to dig out what it said.

EDIT: Actually it was in PCPro magazine. Check it out: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/reviews_story.php?id=38697

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    if i would have seen this before getting my delta66/omnistudio setup, i would have gotten it instead:

[​IMG]

basically a delta 66 and an omnistudio in a nice firewire package. came out a WEEK after i bought my stuff :( :( :(

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Looks, great!

Thank God it's not another USB unit.