M-Audio Revolution 7.1

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by darkspec, Mar 27, 2003.

1. darkspec

Jan 2, 2003
    Cleveland Ohio
    Hello, Im looking for a good audio card to record to my pc. I found this M-Audio that seems to meet the standard for recording. But it only has a line in and mic in, plus all its outputs. Would i be able to record to my pc using this card? or do i need a diffrent one? tia...
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Revolution 7.1 is the ultimate audio upgrade for your PCI-based computer. Play DVDs and all your music in surround sound, make games more realistic, and record or mix your own music. 7.1 surround sound output and high-definition 24-bit/192kHz fidelity insure that you’ll experience it all the way that it was meant to sound. Designed by
    M-Audio — one of the biggest names in the pro music industry — Revolution 7.1 packs all this advanced technology into a small PCI card that’s a breeze to install and use.

• PCI solution for high-quality surround sound up to 7.1
    • also supports DTS output and Dolby Digital 5.1/EX (6.1 DVD) decoding
    • high-resolution audio output up to 24-bit/192kHz
    • true professional 24-bit/96kHz recording
    • Incredible 107dB signal-to-noise ration
    • real-time stereo-to-surround conversion
    • SRS CircleSurround II technology delivers virtual surround for stereo sources
    • simple control panel for Bass Management and other features
    • supports all popular media players including Windows Media 9
    • includes software bundle worth over $200

---From the M-Audio website. this card will work, though I believe it's really aimed at gamers/dvd's etc. Check out the Audiophile.
  3. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    well..that seems like a multimedia card not a recording card...hence teh 7.1 name. Meaning it supports 7 satalite channels and 1 subwoofer (LFC) channel. I am guess ing that the Audiophile 24/96 might be a little more $ but a lot more geared to what you want to do.
  4. There was mention of this card in the latest edition of Computer Music magazine. I can't remember whether it was a review or just a mention. I'll try to dig it out. They were inferring that there are about to be a rash of these cheaper soundcards on the market (M-Audio, Terratec etc.) all recording at 24/96. I'll try to dig out what it said.

EDIT: Actually it was in PCPro magazine. Check it out: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/reviews_story.php?id=38697
  5. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    if i would have seen this before getting my delta66/omnistudio setup, i would have gotten it instead:

basically a delta 66 and an omnistudio in a nice firewire package. came out a WEEK after i bought my stuff :( :( :(
  6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Looks, great!

Thank God it's not another USB unit.