M/F out of their minds ~ Again! BTB price cut.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Michael Jewels, Jun 18, 2002.

1. It looks like Musiciansfriend cut some prices on Ibanez BTBs.

The standard BTB 5 string, the BTB405QM is a good deal at $594.99, but, that's been the going price since I can remember. It lists for $799.99

Now check this out:

The BTB515 which lists for $1,149.99 is now going for $499.00! That's the middle BTB model going for almost $100 less than the basic model! And, the BTB510, which is the 4 string model is going for $549! --- $50 more than the 5 string. It looks like they're trying to unload the 5ers. I'd imagine these are last year's models without the Barts, but, how can you go wrong?

If you're even thinking about getting a BTB, go to www.musiciansfriend.com and type in Ibanez BTB in the search box. This is probably one of their unadvertised close-out sales. Check them out.

Good luck. Looks like insanity to me.

Mike J.
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    it looks more like a clearance till the new BTB 515E come around (the newer ones with barts)

still i think its a VERY GOOD price for them...
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's all Ibanez to me.
  4. patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    If I didn't already have a BTB6, or just finish building my own 5, or the necessary fundage was in my pocket, I'd buy one. :cool:
  5. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    That's the funniest thing you've said in a long time...
  6. I just wish they would lower the price on the BTB515E with the Bart's. $969 is a little too steep. Really nice bass though, a store by me had a big sale and had it for like $870. Should have bought it.

7. Funny thing is, Ibanez did NOT raise the prices of the new BTB's with Barts. Check out this article if you already haven't. Seems like MF hasn't caught on....or, worse yet, they don't care. :rolleyes: