Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

M I the only

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Piezoman, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    I dont get it. I am here on almost a weekly basis and I have found few threads, posts or even mention of my bass. Is there something where it is not popular cuz I love it. For that price with the B string, what is it?

Ibanez EDA905

l8r,
    ErC

2. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    I think in general on this board Ibanez is not a very popular brand, (not counting the ATK of course) so ther is not much discussion of a discussion of many of their products in general. Some models are more popular, i.e. the ATK and the BTB, but usually they do not hold much appeal to memember here.

3. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    What's the problem with Ibanez's???????????????????

4. Stingray4Christ

Stingray4Christ

Jan 28, 2003
    NY
    Ibanez basses are good if you don't have the money for something better.

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    is "am" really that hard to type?

6. I did not like the Ibanez that I started playing on (SR series). It was fine to start on, but once I bought a Fender, I realized that the Ibanez had a very weak tone IMO. And to me, Fenders are not the end all of tone. The luthite ones I played did not appeal to my ear.

Once a salesman gave me one of the luthite bodied ones to try with an amp I was interested in purchasing, he said it would be similar to my Jazz 5 string. I really didn't hear any resemblance, but I suppose it goes to prove that different people hear things differently.

If you love your Ibanez, who really cares what people say. If there was a thread tomorrow about how Dingwall basses sound horrible, that wouldn't change the way I feel about my bass. I would still think it is the best bass out there, for me.

Geoff

7. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali

You cynical bastard... :D :bag: :D

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ironic that this is said by a man who can't use caps, but can use the shift key to make a full quotation mark.

Obey the laws of grammar, you e.e. cummings [sic] wannabe!

Unlike Mike, I need no brick wall. :D I do, however need a diaper.

;)

EDIT(JT): someone needs to remember which forum they're in. :spit:

9. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    LOL! wow....JT got slammed.....

ya...anyway, I like EDAs, I see nothing wrong with em. I know many just dismiss them as being cheap plastic things, but they are really good for the money, and Percy Jones plays em. I wanna try the fretless ones, but I haven't seen one in a store yet.

the BTBs and ATKs and stuff just take the spotlight, and with good reason too, those are some great basses. It doesn't mean the EDs are bad, it just means they arent being talked about as much.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Oh, we realized JT might not be up to snuff when I yelled "Free Bird" at his gig, and he started playing "Sweet Home Alabama."

Of course, to his credit, the difference is what, 1 chord? 2 notes? Something like that.

We still sort of platonically care for Mr. Turner.

:D

11. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i don't use capitals when i talk, either. :rolleyes:. the lack of caps denotes an intended lack of formality in the discourse. what i am typing here is digitized conversation, not literature, and i've always felt that capitalization rules felt too formal.

i repeat my original statement. is "am" that difficult to type?

oh, and, brendan, unless you'd like to go back to eating at the kiddie table, i'd suggest you keep your gramatical opinions to yourself.

or not, i would welcome the diversion. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yeah? Clive Barker's a wimp; what's yer point, Chief?

:D:D

Oh, and John, I think that comma would be an ellipse, or a semicolon. But a comma? I think that's borderline. "Your suffering in this thread will be legendary" is a complete sentence, but there's a Pinhead pause, so I'd be tempted to go with the ellipse

13. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ooo, boy, you are rubbing the wrong rhubarb, kiddo.
    :D

first of all, a comma is perfectly acceptable in that usage, although not necessary with an adverb clause the finishes a sentence. secondly, mr. wannabe grammar nazi, a sentence usually ends with a period. it's very lame to screwup when you're trying to correct someone - your inexperience at this is showing.

still, though, this is fun. bring it on. :D:spit:

14. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  15. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali

16. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    It's ellipsis (plural: ellipses), not ellipse. An ellipse is a geometric figure resembling a stretched-out circle.

17. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    It can be. But, formality is also a sign of respect.

18. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I absolutely love a good hijacking...

19. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali

You're absolutely right. :bassist:

I now refer the honorable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago.

20. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I use capitals when I talk - so the idea is that you are signposting the beginning of a new sentence and making it easier for people to see where the new idea or concept begins.

So when talking, most people will do this naturally and start a sentence postively and with emphasis - the equivalent of a capital letter at the beginning of the sentence.