M. Manring gigs in Colorado

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Michael Manring, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi everyone,

I hope you'll forgive a bit of self-promotion, but I wanted to mention I'll be playing a few shows in Colorado this weekend:

Friday 7/13 8PM
    Boulder, CO
    900 Baseline Road
    (303) 442-3282
    Solo w/ guitarist Ken Bonfield

Saturday 7/14
    Time TBA
    Denver, CO
    Prosound Music Center
    7405 E Iliff Ave
    Solo clinic

Sunday 7/15 8PM
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Avogadro's Number
    605 South Mason Street
    (970) 493-5555
    Solo w/ guitarist Ken Bonfield

Please make sure to say hello if you can make it.

2. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    :eek: Holy Moly!

Are you back for a while Mr. M?

Dan Glenn just bailed..."Ask Michael Manring" :)
  3. silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Well, I was wondering where to post this little tidbit, and then the artist I was going to talk about falls into my lap. Must be fate.

I just found on the Magna Carta web site a group called Attention Deficit. Players include Mr. Manring, Alex Skolnick, and Tim Alexander. (as if you would need anyone else! :) ) I definitly know what I am doing this evening - ordering both of those CD's. Very cool find for the day!

I also concur with the "Ask Michael Manring" idea.
  4. grooveguru

Sep 14, 2000
    Central PA
    Hi Mike! Great to hear from someone of your caliber. Been a fan for a while but you don't seem to get to central PA much. What would a guy have to to get an autographed pic? Drop me an e-mail if you would. Thanks
  5. jimmysquid

Jul 5, 2000
    Hi Michael,

Very cool of you to post in here with the rest of us.

I saw you perform at a clinic in Berklee College of Music back around the time of "Drastic Measures." It was pretty inspiring to watch you play, especially on fretless.

With any luck your tour will make it back to Boston eventually. Hopefully we'll see you soon!

In the mean time, it's back to working on intonation. DOH!

6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Hi mike!

so great to have you back (at least for this day :))
  7. What an honor to have the greatest bassist, ever, here amongst us!!!

I also have seen Michael Manring perform (in Michigan), it was right after Book Of Flame was released. I still think about the performance every day.
  8. Michael Manring

Apr 1, 2000
    Thank you all so much for your interest and enthusiasm! I'm sorry to say that as much as I'd like to, I don't think I'll be able to host a Talkbass forum at the moment, but I will certainly do my best to answer any questions you might have. Please feel free to e-mail me at michael@manthing.com if I can be of any assistance (including autographs, etc.). Also, please let me know if there's ever a Talkbass discussion you'd like me to participate in.

Thanks again,
  9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Please consider any/all of them that interest you. Exposure to creative minds such as yours is always valuable, even if it's "Off Topic", (as Dan Glenn did).
  10. stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    So....Michael...how did the looping tour go? :) I'm eagerly awaiting Steve's review. Would love to hear of the fun you had as well. :)

PS: I'd also like an autographed piccie! :D
  11. why is it that not one solo bassist that i know of is touring in florida. i know that the place sucks in terms of thing to do but still there are alot of people down here that like that kinda stuff
  12. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

...a Florida Solo Bass Tour? Geez, that sounds pretty good to me.....maybe in December?
    Max Valentino
  13. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

Don't get too excited, I was only joking! Living on the West Coast has its limitiations.....such as getting to the East Coast.
    Personally, I would love to....but the reality, and logistics, of the situation is that it is just not affordable.
  14. Thirdstar

Jun 7, 2001
    Houston Tx.
    Hey Guys and Mike,
    Does anyone have any or know where one might be able to locate any pics of Mike before he started playing the Zons?
    and Micheal would you please come back to Texas sometime. I've heard many steller things about the Dallas gig with Trip Wamsley but theirs more people the closer you get to Houston so come on down. Your always welcome!!
  15. Michael Manring

Apr 1, 2000
    The Bass Looping tour was a lot of fun, Stephanie. Thanks for asking! It was inspiring to listen to, play with and hang out with such creative guys. Drop me a line (michael@manthing.com) with your address and I'd be happy to send you a photo.

I'm sorry it's been awhile since I played in Florida, VoodooChile, but I assure you I'm not avoiding it intentionally! As soon as I get the opportunity, I'll be there.

Funny you should mention Houston, Thirdstar. I've been asked to play a gig there, most likely with Howard Levy and N. Scott Robinson. A date hasn't been set yet, but it will probably be sometime next spring. Please check www.manthing.com periodically for the latest details. When the www.manthing.com update is complete it will also be the best place for pictures of me, pre-Zon and otherwise.

Thanks everybody!
  16. Hey Michael,
    How is the new solo CD coming along ?
    Any plans to play Milwaukee ?
  17. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow! welcome back mike - it's great to hear from you again. :D
  18. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
  19. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    very nice to see you back here in talkbass-land, Michael - the 'outer limits' forum is still as much yours as it is mine, should you care to field questions there, answer others stuff, make comments, and generally fluff up the pillows and settle down... :oops:)

see you in November! :oops:)