1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

M.Miller Jazz Active/Passive switch, level problem.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mebusdriver, Sep 11, 2008.

1. The active/passive switch on my MMJ is really cool and has a great tone on the passive side, I love it for soloing. Only problem is that it's WWWAAAAAYYYYYY lower in output than the active option. I understand the difference between active and passive outputs, one being higher than the other, my question is how some of you have evened out the levels.

I don't really have any idea how to do this, short of just having to adjust gain and maybe switch inputs. But I'd like to be able to use the switch in the middle of a song, if possible. I know that geetards have pickup booster pedals, do we have something similar? Or is there another piece of gear that could solve this problem?

2. gre107

gre107

Dec 25, 2005
    PA
    You could just use a volume pedal or somthing like a BassBone, Tech21 programable DI "or the like" that allows you to program tones and volumes seperately for 2 or more settings.

Peace,

Gerry

3. BadB

BadB

May 25, 2005
    USA
    The levels should be fairly close if there is no boost to the bass and treble. Once you start putting those in, there is going to be a difference. +1 on the volume pedal, etc.

4. There isn't any tone control in passive "mode". I freakin forgot all about the Tonebone. That's a great idea thanks.

5. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I swapped out the volume control for a concentric w/tone. it made MM the best of both worlds. It didn't help the volume difference but I had a passive tone control