Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

M Pulcinella Level 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZenBass, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Hey people :)

What do people think the M Pulcinella Level 5....Im really starting to love the shape of them....

Theres one for sale in the UK ,....

Swamp Ash Body
    Mapel Neck
    Birdseye Maple Fingerboard
    EMG 40DC pickups with 3-band eq/Bartolini soapbars with 3-band eq
    Hipshot Ultra-Lites
    High Gloss Finish
    Satin Neck

[​IMG]

I like its simplicity :)

Sound wise for my neck bass...I have a GB Spitfire so i have my Hi-fi Modern Sound sorted..i am wanting a bass that give me clear punchy..for like good rock and funk..that is smooth...think Stu Zender style..(but not warwicks cause i dont like thie necks)...

any thoughts

2. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I had a very nice level 5. You can see it at the Bass Palace web site. The bass had EMG soapbar PUs, solid,very pretty swamp ash body, birdseye maple fingerboard. It really was a great bass, lots of tone although I felt the EMGs were a bit thin sounding. The bass is well balanced and light and sounded good in just about any application with some minor tweaking to settings. Good luck!

3. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Oh wow that's yours, Mike? I was thinking about picking it up not too long ago. Crazy.

As for you, Zenbass, what is it about Warwick necks that you don't like? I have two, a 98 Corvette FNA 5 and a 01 Corvette Std. fretless, and the necks are very different. The FNA's neck is wenge, chunkier, and has a different texture than the Std's neck, which is ovankol, smooth and fairly slim. Maybe you just haven't found the right model for you. :)

4. Chaputa

Chaputa Bass-Not just fo eatin anymore

I have a level 6, and it is just amazing. The neck is just amazingly quick. The sound is tight. Just an amazing value for the money!

...oh, and the body, albeit a little big, really works well for the way it sits on your shoulders, and where it places the neck.

5. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    ZenBass -- I played a very similar bass to the one you posted at the NYC guitar show, except it was a 6-string and had SD Basslines soapbars and a Demeter 3-band preamp. It was awesome -- I still think about the bass. I was so impressed with it (and his others) that I had Matt build me my own Level 6 as well (similar to Chaputa's -- see my avatar). It's an amazing instrument...I will definitely purchase more basses from Matt when I can afford them.

Cheers,
    Aram

6. Thank you for all the possitive comments about the Level 5...i am still tempted.... :) and might purchase it ...but will prolly replace the pups with something i bit more ballsy...if they turn out to be to0o thin..not really a probby...

I am not a great fan of the unfinished necks on warwick,,,I really like my necks to have a Satin Gloss finish or a high gloss finish...

My GB has a Satin Gloss and in beautiful....:)...if i could find a warwick like this...then that would be a fantastic but to have it as an option is really expensive..cause its a none standard finish...

:)

7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    Matt's a really nice guy - i met him a couple of times at the PA guitar shows - i thought the basses he had there were very nice
    i dunno what he gets for them now, but prices may go up once enough players get turned on to them