Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

M-pulse 600 and Aggie GS112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Franky, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a new cabinet fitting with my m-pulse 600. I have red a lot of positive comments concerning the m-pulse or walkabout in combination with the Aguilar GS112. I mostly play jazz and this rig seems to be the right stuff for my needs. My problem is that I live in Quebec city - Canada and there is no music store in the province who keep the Aguilar line. Do you have any suggestions of a good store based in Canada where I can buy it?

Thanks!

2. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I just got a second Aggie GS1112 and tried it at rehearsal paired with my original Aguilar GS112. The combination of the two is KILLER!!#@$! Wow. talk about adding a quantum leap in punch! Granted, I finally presented a 4 ohm load to my inexpensive Berhinger BX3000T amp. (my rehearsal space amp) It really doesn't have enough power for a single 8 ohm aggie GS112. So I personally think that a Mesa M Pulse 600 would be a great match for one Aggie GS112. Headroom at 8 ohms.

That said, a friend of mine has both the Walkabout and M Pulse 600 heads and he swears the Walkabout into a 1x12 cab get's it done quite well for most local gigs. A Mesa Walkabout head into two GS112's presents a 4 ohm load and will utilize the full 300W's. I'll bet that is glorious! I'm dying to hear my two GS112's with some other heads.

3. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Excellent Points Smash. Gotta agree with everything you said. While I was blown away with the sound of my two GS112's, schlepping both (2) Cabs, even if they are lightweight, makes another trip to the car and presents more things to connect. I have an easier time with my significantly heavier Bergie HT322 since it rolls almost everywhere I go. In tucson, there are not many, if any venues where there are stairs or steps. So all I have to do is get it in and out of my SUV. then Roll with my rack. It sets up FAST. But as far as a small, BIG performing single cab, Your Shroeder is VERY compelling. For that matter, you remind me of how much I want to check out a Thunderfunk. Thanks ...I think? lol - Gary

4. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Having too many cabs I tend to agree with Roscoe and Smash. I have two GS112s that I use with either an Eden WT300 or an Aguilar DB359. I love the sound but you don't really gain any portability.

Lately, I'm of the belief of having a cabinet I can roll. There is no space savings in carrying two cabs, more wires to hookup (OK only one more). However, I have been able to make one trip. One speaker in each hand, bass on my back and amp on my shoulder with the amp bag.

I love the sound of the two 112s combined. It truly is different than having a single 2 12 cabinet. I also do alot of small jazz gigs and I'm honestly torn between taking the 112s or my berg 310. Nothing is easier than rolling right out after the gig.

The single 12 should work OK with the mpulse. I played a gig last night with just the 112, the eden and a passive bass and it sounded great.