1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

M-Pulse 600 - now THAT's more like it!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by js1, Apr 29, 2010.

1. js1

js1

Oct 1, 2006
    Picked up a used Mesa M-Pulse 600 last year, and to be blunt, I was disappointed. I had tried others before with the matching Mesa cabs as well as the Walkabout, but this amp seemed to be constipated. Thought maybe it was the Aguilar or Eden cabs that I was using with it.

And on my NYE gig, it died...

Took it in to be repaired, and it was back to where it was before. For exactly one gig, when it died again.

This time, when it was repaired, I asked to compare it against a new M-Pulse 600 on the floor. Night and day - the new one was great, mine was anemic, even after the repair.

Long story short, the manager of the store stepped in, and this time it's repaired right. And sounds absolutely marvelous.

Good to go. Now, if only my band didn't dissolve a few weeks ago.

js

2. svtb15

svtb15 Banned

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    did they ever tell you what was wrong with it?

3. js1

js1

Oct 1, 2006
    Not entirely specific - the write up said "they replaced a part and rebiased the power amp". Would have liked specifics - I'm an EE.

A blown output transistor wouldn't be inconsistent with what it sounded like.

One of the good things about Mesa is they have the five year transferable warranty. I got the original bill of sale when I bought it from the first owner. So, instead of my usual "rip apart and figure it out", I thought that I'd let someone else do it.

js