M-Pulse 600 problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Blah114, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Blah114

Blah114 Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2008
    I grabbed a cheap deal on an mpulse 600.. I had to.. I might not use this live.. but.. the amp powers on.. but there is no output.. I get nothing lit from the right toggle switch... the solid state side.. the left, tube side's light lights.. I can hear the fan on also.

I could hear something rolling around within the amp.. I unscrewed the cover.. I found a fuse unseated.. there are two internal fuses.. a left and right one..

Do you guys think I have a problem with the main, outer fuse? How do I replace this?

the prongs are EXTREMELY loose inside the amp, barely able to clasp the fuse that was rolling around.. very cheap..

thoughts appreciated.

Is this a cheap head? should I dump this now.. lol.. I got a good deal on it. I seated the internal fuse back in place.. did nothing.

Attached Files:

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Mesa customer support is top notch, I'd give 'em a call.

3. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    It's worth trying to get it working. Great amp head IMO. I play one frequently. Very respected amp around here I'm pretty sure.

4. Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    thanks.. their number rings fast busy.. but.. I guess they are closed now anyway. the problem has to be somewhat minor.. My main head must be ampeg anyway.. so it does not matter.

5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Tighten the prongs with a pair of pliars. That way it'll hold the fuse more securely. They should be a little hard to remove.

Paul

6. Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    I tightened them, yes.. must be a bad fuse.. that's next.. how do I replace the main fuse? anyone know?

7. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    It's a killer amp... get it fixed and check it out before dumping it; not a cheap amp!

8. Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    I wonder if anyone is capable of repairing/checking this out in St. Louis MO.. I don't like various music stores.. suggestions appreciated. the issues are not with the fuses.

9. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Find a local Mesa dealer in your area and see if they are an authorized repair shop. I was surprised to learn that a Mesa dealer 90 miles from me was authorized to repair my Mesa stuff.

10. Blah114

Feb 7, 2008

not one is.. can you believe it? not one.. they all refer people to other places.. none of which are authorized.. I was shocked. I think I'll use St. Louis Computronics.

11. JazzbassArt

JazzbassArt

Dec 12, 2004
    Andover, MN
    I'm not sure why it didn't pull the entire page, but, I searched on 63101 zip for 25 miles for auth service repair centers.

Search Results

Dealer Address Phone

Preston Electronics 100 SE 16th Street Lee's Summit MO 64081 (816) 600-7599
    PAR Electronics 7360 Manchester Maplewood MO 63143 (314) 644-4443
    J. Gravity Strings 1546 S. Broadway St. Louis MO 63104 (314)241-0190
    Logic Systems 255 Marshall Road Valley Park MO 63088 (314) 968-4050
    New Search

© 1999, Mesa Engineering Mesa Home / Articles / What's New / Artists / Products / Dealers / Contact Us

12. Chef

Chef In Memoriam

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I think Gravity is the best St Louis Mesa dealer.

13. Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    Thanks.. I have some limited dealings with this place.. I don't like them.

14. Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    I take back what I said.. I am taking it to Gravity.. the guy who did some bad work for me many years ago no longer works there. thanks! I had another guy look @ it today.. long story.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021