M-Pulse 600 users!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ashevans, Dec 28, 2007.

1. ashevans

ashevans

Dec 22, 2004
    Oxford, UK
    As can probably be guessed from the topics I've started recently I've been thinking about going for a Mesa. :)

I've pretty much narrowed my list of heads to either the BB 750 or the M-pulse 600. The versatility of the m-pulse and the higher power it puts out at 8 ohms are kinda pushing me in the direction of that at the moment.

I'm more or less ready to pull the trigger, but as I'm buying blind I need to know one thing - how does it handle in more rocky/metal situations? Can it growl and spit with the best of them?

Basically, is there anything that'll push me over to a BB 750?

Thanks for any help :D

2. I got one and I love it. Crank the gain and you've got a crunchy growl to it, and it's powerful enough and got some sweet warmth while retaining it's clarity very well. It took me forever to find one, but in my opinion, with all it's options, great eq-ing, and overall power and durability, go for it.

3. lowfreek

lowfreek In Memoriam

Nov 2, 2006
    Central New York
    By all that is holy and sacred, bring an M-Pulse into your life. You will never regret it. Mate it with a good 4 ohm load and it will rock your friggin' world.

4. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    the only thing that i dont love about mine is that i can never push it to distortion because its way to loud to get near anything past noon. the bb is technically an m pulse too though so..

you still need the 600. you just do. go get one. at any cost.

5. lowfreek

lowfreek In Memoriam

Nov 2, 2006
    Central New York
    :confused:
    You got me a bit confused here. Turn the master down and you can crank the gain all the way up if that's your pleasure. You can squeeze every ounce of tube gain out of the 600 and have it bedroom quiet if you want to, just turn the master down.

If you want to hear real old school tubiness, give the walkabout head a try. It'll knock your dang socks off. It's a completely different monster.

6. MarkMyWordsXx

MarkMyWordsXx

May 17, 2006
    completly disagree. i use mine with an avater 4x10 at 4 ohms, if you crank the gain it gets brutally loud even with the master on 2 or 3.

bedroom quiet is a term ive never heard associated with this amp.

7. casio

casio

Aug 1, 2007
    Croatia
    I got mine about 6 months ago and I'm just about to go record a new album with my band this month so I'll see if it can handle studio setings (although I dont see a problem if it didnt bother Justin Chancellor)!:D
    but as far as live use goes, its friggin awesome!
    If you dont want to have too many knobs and still want a good sound , you can go with the bb, but even as far as that goes, you can just use tha basic EQ of the m pulse and have extreme versatility, and then kick the parametric in one day when you feel like it!
    the m pulse is the best piece of equipment Ive ever owned man!:D

8. lowfreek

lowfreek In Memoriam

Nov 2, 2006
    Central New York
    What do you mean by "2 or 3"? There are no numbers on the M-Pulse master dial. Do this: Turn the gain all the way up, turn the master all the way down. Guess what you get... Silence! If you can't get bedroom quiet between silence and brutally loud, there's either something wrong with your amp or your fine motor skills.

9. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    The basic 600 tone is a huge warm clean tube tone. You can, however, get the preamp to break up, and can coax a mean grind from the EQ (try all 3-band controls around 2 o clock, and no compression or para EQ, with the preamp gain set just under dirty).

For a really insane snarl, put an Aguilar AGRO in the rackspace above it :bassist:

However, since you're a rocker, I'd just get a Titan. Its not that much more money.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021