Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

M-PULSE 600 W/ EDEN 410XLT [4OHM or 8OHM]?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FERNDOGG, Jan 5, 2005.

1. FERNDOGG

FERNDOGG

Jun 30, 2004
    I just retrieved my 410XLT out of [storage]..... now that I have my new M-PULSE 600, and reading TalkBass forums for sometime, I want to get some feedback or thoughts on this configuration...... my 410XLT is 8 ohms and I am thinking of trading for it for a 4 ohm 410xlt or similiar..... maybe a mesa 4 ohm cab..... thanks in advance.

2. bass4820

bass4820

Jan 3, 2005
    texas
    i'm not to familiar with the mesa m-pulse 600, i've owned the eden410xlt, but both pieces ar definitaly made for rock, i think it would be a good match if you can bridge the full output power at 8 ohms.

3. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    Or you could add another 8 ohm cab and get the full wattage out of it. How much do you want to carry to a gig?

4. FERNDOGG

FERNDOGG

Jun 30, 2004
    I just want to lug one cab for a gig....... plug & play baby..... i'm wondering if the difference between 4 & 8 ohm is a world of difference, I guess is my question...... I do want to get the most out of the M-PULSE w/ one cab..........

5. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    A friend of mine uses an MPulse600 with an Aguilar 4x10 cabinet and it KILLS! Nopt sure if it is 4 or 8 ohm. In any event, it is stellar. I highly recommend the Bergantino HT322 cabinet. It is 4 ohms. 1x12 and 2x10's in a single cabinet.