Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

M-Pulse help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Biker4Him, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Does anyone out there use an M-Pulse 600, and use the "slave out" to another amplifier for more power? If so, what kind of amp, and into what speaker setup?

Thanks

2. I have the 360, and am thinking of running into a power amp for more juicey mesa goodness. I've already ran through a peavey 1400W bridged into a 15 and 2x10. It sounds great! It's not as warm as the tube driven mosfet power section of the m-pulse, but it may be considered more clear.

So anyway, I'm assuming 600W isn't enough for you, because you apperantly need more power. I am currntly thinking of trading in my 360 for the 600 or buying a seperate power amp, because I want more power. I thought that the 600 might be enough power for about the same price as a power amp. I think you may have answered my question (I posted a thread about whether or not I should upgrade or go power amp), now what can I do for you.:)

3. not too long ago I had a RR2x10 that I powered with a seperate (400w)power amp using the slave out from my m600 and it worked awsome. the level control was real handy for balancing the levels between my 2x10 and 2x15(which was being powered by the M-pulse)but, dragging two cabs and two heads around gets old,so I sold the two cabs and bought one RR powerhouse 1000 (model 5410?) and use only the m-pulse now...:) ...BTW, the amp was a old marshall bass head with direct power amp inputs but you could use the fx return of any head or combo to do the same thing..I did it because my 2x15 was 4ohm and the 2x10 was also 4ohm(I modified it w\2 8ohm speakers)and did'nt want to run the risk of hurting the m-pulse by running a 2ohm load..

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Biker, is the Mpulse not loud enough? How do you have it hooked up, one cab or two? If you've only got one cab, you might look at hooking up both amp outs into it (if your cab has this sort of feature). That might help.

I used to slave my Boogie 20/20 into my Coliseum 300, just to get some tube grind into the signal. Here was how I set it up:

Preamp to 20/20 (which powered two 2x10 wedges; never run an amp without a load!), slave outs to the inputs on the Coliseum, Coliseum out to cabs.

5. I just want to comment on my experience with percieved volume and mesa boogie.

The 360 is one of the loudest heads I've tried, it cuts through the mix and can be heard (to my ears) better than the eden 800. I like allot of juice and like the availiable headroom, so I think I'll add a power amp. :bassist:

I still don't know Bikers thoughts on why he needs more power, but I'm bored, and thought I could maybe get another "Watt is a Watt is a Watt" argument going.:D

6. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    i played one of those and it was louder than hell, how much headroom do you need?

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Agreed. The WT800 is the least loud 800 watts (when mono-bridged into an 8 ohm Eden D410XLT) that I've ever heard. One of many reasons I no longer own any Eden gear, in fact.

8. Hey let's bash eden, and maybe munji will join in:rolleyes: :D

9. Why do I feel I need more power? How do I have it hooked up? ???

1) I thought excessive unused power sitting in a rack is what it's all about. (Certainly it has nothing to do with actuall playing skill, or why my Slaps & pops, and fingerwork, sound different than yours)

2) My setup is: LG-3005 (tuned down to ADGCF) into (wireless depending on gig) into M-Pulse 600, into PR410HLF. Once I actually had to turn the main up to 10:00 (about 1/4 of it's function)

3)I'm going to get a new cab. It seems to me that a lot of the new cabs (Bergantino's) are very power hungy. So I thought I might get a power amp for the additional Horse Power.

Instead of messing with it, maybe I'll just save my money and be satisfied.!! But.... other than playing, practicing, and hunting for newer, better, faster stronger, louder, cleaner, prettier, deeper "STUFF" is soooo much fun!

10. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Call it whatever you want. Just stating facts based on my experience. :rolleyes:

11. I agree boogiebass, that's my experience also. It just seems munji always comes along to bash products other than eden, and since we are talking about something else, well you get the picture. HAHAHA:D

12. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Gotcha, bro! We're cool. :cool: