Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

M.Thoma "Virtuoso" Model

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by eugene swank, Jun 6, 2003.

1. eugene swank

eugene swank

Jun 6, 2003
    Southeast
    M.Thoma "Virtuoso" Model MT-1

So what's the take on this one? I'm told it's fully carved. Adjustable bridge. Ebony fingerboard and tail.

Any input as to its construction or sound being worth it?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eugene Swankenstein

2. Bijoux

Bijoux

Aug 13, 2001
    Denver-CO-USA
    very nice bass, loud and clear sound. It is a bit big, large shoulders, it takes a little getting used to it. even though the label says 3/4 size most guys think that is a 7/8, I mean guys that actually play 7/8 basses, the string lenght it's about anywhere from 42 to 43 depending on the way the bridge is cut, it's a heavy bass, the one I have is flatback, nice tuners. I think it's a very good bass and it sounded good from the start.

3. eugene swank

eugene swank

Jun 6, 2003
    Southeast
    thanks for the input.

due to automotive reconstruction constraints, I was forced to abandon this bass as an option. I have since acquired an old standard reliable oriental wooden crate (it plays nice though, neck is set up good). When I can replace the funds the automobile has squandered, I will then look into a carved bass. thanks again.

eugene